10 tips to teach you not to overeat
Many faced the problem of overeating. It seems to be already full, but the inside requires more and more. In the end, you get up from the table barely and you reproach yourself for having fed up again and you can’t move. And how to deal with it? There is an exit!
Why do we overeat?
To understand how to deal with a problem, first you need to find out its causes, and then eliminate them. Here are some possible:
- Exposure to influence from outside. Today in the media you can see numerous advertising of all kinds of food, and often they are not the most useful. From the TV and the pages of magazines and newspapers we are told that hunger can be satisfied with the help of chocolate, chips or instant noodles. And we absorb it all, even if we are full.
- Replacing love. Yes, many people who feel the need for affection, care and love, compensate for all this delicious food. The pleasure is received, but few people think about harm.
- HabitsIf in childhood mother “fed” you, then there is a high probability that you will overeat in conscious age, because food addictions and habits are formed in childhood. In addition, because of the large volumes of food entering the digestive tract, the stomach strongly stretches, so that it fills up later, which means that the feeling of fullness comes much later.
- Eat for the company. Many snack for company in business meetings, meetings with friends or in other situations. And this, of course, leads to overeating.
- While eating, many watch television, communicate with household members, sit at a computer or do other things. And this is a serious mistake. In this case, you simply do not notice how much you have eaten, so that the center of the brain, which is responsible for saturation, works later.
- Some eat when nervous or worried. Yes, for many, unfortunately, food is comforting.
- If you eat "on the go" and quickly, then the saturation is unlikely to come, the portions will inevitably increase.
- Low quality products. If you absorb fast food, convenience foods and other hazards, then the body simply does not receive nutrients and requires more and more, hoping to still get everything you need for your work.
- Fear.If a person has previously been forced to limit himself to food because of some problems, then in the absence of restrictions he will always eat “in reserve” and overeat.
- Boredom. Many eat "from nothing to do."
- Large dishes. Some seek to fill the plate completely and cannot leave food in it.
- A wide range of. You should not hammer your refrigerator to the full and cook several dishes at once, as this is a great temptation to try everything at once.
- The use of sauces, seasonings, salt, sugar, flavoring and aromatic additives. Some seasonings (especially synthetic and artificial) stimulate the taste buds, increase appetite and make us eat more and more, even when we are full.
What is dangerous?
Now we list some of the possible consequences of overeating:
- Excess body weight. It would seem, not the most terrible problem, but in fact extremely unpleasant and even dangerous. Due to excess weight it will be difficult for you to move around and do your usual activities. In addition, your self-esteem will fall greatly, you will lose confidence in yourself. Inevitable problems in his personal life, as well as in intimate relationships. Think!
- Digestive problems.They will arise, as the digestive tract during overeating literally works for wear, and constantly.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. Excess weight is a huge load on the lungs, heart and blood vessels. And because of this load, the work of such systems is bound to break down, which can provoke the development of serious diseases.
- Eating at night, you risk to earn problems with sleep, as the heaviness in the stomach will interfere, and the overflowing stomach will have to work actively (and at night all systems, including the digestive system, must rest).
- Metabolism and hormonal disorders. Often, due to overweight, there are problems with the thyroid gland and menstrual failures.
How to get rid of the problem?
So, how to learn not to overeat? For you, 10 tips to help get rid of this problem:
- Take care of yourself! This may seem strange, but the less free time you have, the less often thoughts of food will arise. Find a job, find some interesting hobby or, for example, go to study.
- Use only your plate.Go to the store and buy a children's plate there. Yes, it is the nursery. So you can reduce the number of servings and stop overeating. By the way, you should always carry this plate with you. And let them look askance at you, but you will have good health and a beautiful figure.
- Pay particular attention to the place and setting in which you usually eat. Of course, the best thing to do in the kitchen. Set a plate in front of you, sit on a chair, remove the newspapers and magazines, turn off the TV and just enjoy your lunch, dinner or breakfast.
- Choose the right food. Perfectly satisfy hunger and saturate the body with all necessary vegetables, fruits and berries, low-fat fish and meat, cereals, cereals, legumes, as well as dairy and dairy products.
- Now about the taboo. Try to exclude from your diet fried, fatty, sweet, spicy, salty or pickled. Limit your sweet intake. Forget about convenience foods, fast food and various hazards. In addition, discard synthetic flavoring and aromatic additives such as monosodium glutamate.
- Eat right. Portions should be small, but you need to eat at least 4-5 times a day.Then you will not have time to get hungry. In order for the brain to receive information on satiety, chew food well and carefully, think about what you eat. In addition, be sure to refuse snacking, especially harmful. In case of hunger, you can eat some fruit.
- Watch your feelings. Eat only in the case of true hunger, and not invented by you or psychological. Get up from the table immediately after you feel a light saturation. And some recommend to finish the meal with a slight sense of hunger.
- Learn to refuse. Do not eat for the company if you are full and have recently eaten. Learn to say "no" when you are offered or even impose food at a party.
- Watch your psychological state. Solve all problems in time and understand for yourself that food is not an option or a solution to problems. During stress, take sedatives. Find another way to relax and build your life so that you feel comfortable.
- Do not cook a lot of dishes in store. Plan everything in advance. This will allow not to worry about that something will disappear (some overeat because of this) and avoid temptations.
Eat right and enjoy the beauty and health!