How to Contact CNN
CNN is an American basic cable and satellite television network that is owned by Turner Broadcasting System, which is a division of Time Warner. It also has international bureaus. CNN is a 24-hour cable news channel that has existed since 1980. Whether you want to provide feedback or submit a news tip to CNN, there are many different ways to contact CNN. You can use one of CNN’s feedback forms, use social media, or call and leave a message. You might even want to try multiple contact techniques to ensure that CNN will notice your message.
Contacting CNN Online
Use social media to contact CNN.The network itself and most of its personalities and shows have their own social media sites. You can leave a comment on one of these Facebook pages or tweet at one of the CNN Twitter handles.
- More than 20 million people follow CNN’s main Facebook page.You can also check out Facebook pages for individual people who have their own shows on CNN, such as Nancy Grace or Robin Meade. CNN’s Chief National Correspondent John King has his own Facebook page.The Anderson Cooper 360 program also has its own page.Search Facebook for the show or personality that you want to contact and then post your feedback, question, or idea on the related Facebook page.
- The main Twitter page for CNN is @cnn. However, you might have better luck going to the Twitter or Facebook pages of the specific program or personality you are trying to contact. Tweet to @TeamCNN to increase your chances of getting a response.To contact HLN (Headline News), tweet @TeamHLN. To contact CNN International, tweet @TeamCNNI and to contact CNN en Español, tweet @TeamCNNEE. The Twitter site for Viewer Services is .
Use CNN’s online feedback form.You can contact CNN by providing feedback through a written form on the CNN website. Completing this form on CNN’s website is an easy way to contact the channel directly.
- The form, which can be found at , requires that you submit your name and what are called your “initial thoughts” in a blank comment box. Many different programs and bureaus of CNN will send you back to the same online feedback form, including CNN International.
- There is also a box where you can type “additional comments.” Then, click the box that says “send feedback” to submit the comments. You should also use this form to report factual errors you see on CNN.
Contact a program directly.Many CNN programs also have their own separate online feedback forms that you can access from their webpages. For example, CNNMoney has an online form that encourages viewers to submit feedback.
- Many HLN shows – such as Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew, as well as the personalities, have their own feedback pages that allow viewers to comment on the shows/personalities or ask a question about the shows/personalities.
- In some cases, the links will take you back to the main CNN feedback form, but in other cases, the programs have their own specialized forms. You will be asked to check whether your comment is positive or negative.
Email CNN.CNN seems to prefer that people use their online feedback form, since the website directs you to the feedback form and not a list of emails when you select “Click here to email us your news tip!” However, you can still email your feedback or idea to CNN if you prefer. The email addresses for CNN are:
Using Phone Numbers and Addresses
Call CNN.You can call CNN headquarters or another main branch if you want to contact a specific bureau. If you hunt around, you can find direct phone numbers for various CNN bureaus and programs, although keep in mind that CNN doesn't encourage this kind of contact.
- The phone number for CNN HQ in Atlanta is 404-827-1500.
- The CNN corporate office phone number is 404-827-1700 or you can fax them at 404-827-2600.
- The customer service number for CNN’s Washington D.C. bureau is 202-898-7900.
- Other customer service numbers for CNN in Atlanta are 404-878-2276 and the fax number is 404-827-1995.
Write to the main CNN offices.The main headquarters of CNN is located in Atlanta, Georgia, and you can contact CNN customer service by sending a letter to this office.
- The address for CNN’s HQ is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. One CNN Center, 13 North, Atlanta, GA, 30303.
- If you decide to write to CNN, then make sure that you include a return address and/or any other contact method you prefer, such as your phone number. Your letter should also describe your idea, news tip, or question in a clear way.
Check CNN’s press office website to contact a specific person.If you are a member of the media, then CNN has an entire press team designed to answer your questions. This is the public relations office whose job is to manage CNN’s reputation and brand.
- The main press office contact phone number for CNN’s New York office is 212-275-8030. The main contact phone number for CNN’s United Kingdom Bureau is in London and can be reached at +44 207 693 0939.
- The press office website also has different contact people for early start and new day, dayside (CNN US/Breaking News), CNN D.C./CNN politics, CNN U.S. Primetime, CNN original series, weekend programming, CNN Films/CNN Films Presents, CNN Heroes: An All Star Tribute, HLN, CNN Digital, CNNMoney, CNN International, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and CNN en Espanol.
- In addition to the main phone numbers for some of the different contact people, the press office website provides PR contact names, email addresses, and Twitter handles for each of the offices.
Submitting News Tips
Consider the news value of your idea.CNN will probably not consider your tip or idea unless it is something newsworthy and that they have not yet reported on. Make sure they haven’t covered the idea already in a news report and also consider whether or not it has news value.
- Journalists generally consider news value to be topics that have at least some of the following: Conflict, unusualness, prominence, humor, impact (significance), proximity, human interest, and timeliness.
- Conflict can be clashes of ideologies and ideas, not just physical altercations. Human interest means the story provokes an emotional response in the viewer. Impact means the story has a direct effect on a large portion of the viewing audience (think a snow storm closing down large swaths of the east coast.)
- Prominence means the story relates to a person or thing that most people know. Unusualness is a deviation from the norm. Proximity means there is a local tie in. Proximity is less important to CNN than most news stations because CNN covers the entire world (however a U.S. bureau may favor U.S. news, and so forth). Timeliness means the idea involves something ongoing or recent or at least that we didn’t know before. Humor is something that viewers will find funny or unusual. News isn’t always serious.
Call in a news tip.CNN accepts news tips and story ideas from the general public as well. CNN is interested in images or information relating to breaking news. If you know about something you think CNN will want to cover, then give a call and leave a message about your tip or idea.
- Call 404-827-1500 and select option 1 to leave a news tip or story idea by phone. Keep in mind that you can only leave a recording. You will not be able to speak with an actual person.
- After you select option one, you will have the opportunity to leave a recorded message with your news tip. Make sure that you include your name, your news tip or idea, and a phone number where someone can reach you if they would like more information. Speak clearly and keep your message short and to the point.
- For example, you might try saying something like, “Hello. My name is Sally Jones and I have an idea for a story. I think you should do a report about the environmental impact of the new factory in my hometown of Smithshire, NY. It is having a negative effect on the water quality, but people are not yet aware of this. Please call me back at 555-555-5555. My name is Sally Jones and my number again is 555-555-5555.”
Tweet a news tip.You can also tweet your news tip or idea to CNN if you prefer. Tweet the idea to @TeamCNN along with any relevant pictures or links that might provide information and/or generate interest.
- For example, you might twee something like, “@TeamCNN Please report on the water pollution problem in Smithshire, NY! People are getting sick and someone needs to stand up for them!”
Send CNN a text message.If you want to send a news tip to CNN via text message, simply text the word CNN, put a space, and then include your news tip. Text it to 55333.
- If you want CNN to call you back, include your cell phone number in the message. Message and data rates may apply.
- To submit a news tip to CNN Headline News, text CNN space and your tip to 772937.
- Try sending a text that says something like, “CNN Smithshire, NY has a serious water pollution problem. Please cover this problem in a report. Call back Sally Jones at 555-555-5555 for more information.”
Send in a program idea.Maybe your idea is broader than a single story and you have an idea for CNN to make an entire new program. How do you tell the channel this?
- You can email the idea to: the email, make sure that you include a brief summary of the idea, your name, and your preferred contact information, such as a phone number if you want to be contacted by phone.
- To send an idea to CNN, you can also use this detailed form: .
- To send an idea to Headline news, use this form:
QuestionHow do I complain to someone at CNN?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour best bet is probably to use the feedback form (http://www.cnn.com/feedback/) or tweet them @TeamCNN.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I contact CNN?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFollow the steps listed in the article.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I give CNN feedback on one of their news anchors?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry using CNN's feedback form: http://www.cnn.com/feedback/ You can provide your feedback using the "Initial Thoughts" or "Additional Comments" section.Thanks!
QuestionDo CNN personalities really do their own Tweets?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIn some cases, but not all. You should assume there could be a PR person or social media manager behind it. Still, some celebrities and news personalities do Tweet. It's a rare platform that allows you to interface directly with them, and you can assume some of them read their direct tweets.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I contact a specific person on CNN to ask a question about his program?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe easiest way to do that would be to search for that specific person's fan mail/correspondence address. You could also try leaving a comment on their social media pages.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I contact CNN about concerns over uneven treatment of certain issues?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUse this article for obtaining the contact details. Write a complaints letter following standard complaint letter formatting, sticking to facts and not attacking people personally. Whatever your personal beliefs about media outlets, realize that polarization is a journalistic must-do, so you need to focus on fairness and balance for viewers, individuals and communities as a whole. Don't harp on about political messages; instead, get to the heart of the matter about what is actually breaching journalistic/broadcasting standards.Thanks!
QuestionWhat's the best way to get information to Jeff Zucker?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could try addressing a letter to him and sending it to corporate headquarters in Atlanta. Or, try using the feedback form and mention that your feedback is for Mr. Jeff Zucker specifically. http://www.cnn.com/feedback/Thanks!
QuestionIs it possible to tour CNN?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, it is possible to tour the CNN headquarters in Atlanta, although there is an entrance fee. You can find more information on .Thanks!
QuestionHow do I sign up for breaking news text alerts to my cell phone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can download the CNN mobile app. When they ask you for notifications, hit "yes."Thanks!
QuestionHow do I contact Anderson Cooper?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can follow the directions to contact CNN, but request that your message goes to Anderson Cooper. You can also try to reach out to him via social media platforms.Thanks!
So I will put this in the form of a question rather than a statement. Can you PLEASE stop the ANNOYING drums under the news? Makes HLN equal to Grade B movie. I cringe and dread your news section.
Can you tell me why the 5 swing states in the 2019 election were the last states to turn in their election total ballet count. I was told this is the first time in history this has happened.
How do I send an idea to CNN via email?
What is the mailing address to write to Fareed Zakaria?
I would like to contact CNN anchor Rosemary church?
To contact CNN online, fill out the contact form on their website, where you will be asked to leave your name along with your thoughts. You can also reach out to one of the on-air personalities or producers on their social media sites, or contact a program directly through their feedback pages on the CNN website.
Video: Former governor wrecks CNN, host goes nuts
70 Fabulous Choppy Bob Hairstyles
12 Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles You Have toTry
How to Get Rich Quick
Nadia Sawalha reveals how she was left heartbroken’ by her sister
Inspiring Disney Nails Ideas For You To Try Now
The 3.99 sell-out Aldi hot cloth cleanser that rivals Liz Earle’s will soon be back in stock
How to Calibrate and Use a pH Meter
What to Wear With White Jeans: 20 PerfectOutfits
Adapting Your Home to Your Arthritis
7 Warning Signs You May Have an Anxiety Disorder
Conductor Cap is The New It Girls’ Accessory
Baby foods from 6th month
How to Make Curd Rice
Color Me Pretty: 4 Ways to Get Temporary, Vivid Highlights