5 Ways to Prepare For a Facial
I recently had the pleasure of getting my first ever facial from celeb esthetician Joanna Vargas and all I can say is I'm hooked! Joanna is owner of Joanna Vargas Salon in NYC and Joanna Vargas Skincare that features all natural products that will help transform and care for your skin. Her facial will leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated, (I never knew my face could feel so smooth) best of all you'll walk out glowing. I had never realized quite how much damage my skin endured on a regular day basis, as well as how many things I was doing wrong for my skin.
Facials are recommended monthly and that may seem like a lot to some, but your face goes through so much it needs a deep monthly cleansing you aren't able to achieve at home. A professional esthetician is able to monitor the progress of your skincare and it really makes a huge difference in how the products you use at home penetrate and make the skin look. Joanna helped break it down for me, giving five tips to help care for your face in between your monthly facial. Trust me, it'll make a huge difference!
1. Use an exfoliant at least once a week. It will help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores to help give you a brighter face and glow. Joanna has a great exfoliating mask that also works as an anti-inflammatory, which is great for people with sensitive skin. Try putting your mask on before you head into the shower, the steam will help unclog pores.
2. Be sure to hydrate the skin properly and use proper evening and day care. Note that creams, lotions, and serums have hydrating and vitamin properties. Joanna's Daily Serum contains Galactoarabinan, a natural ingredient from the Larch tree, that will intensify cell turnover for more vibrant skin.
3. Use the proper cleanser for your skin. You need something well balanced and made for skin care, not just soap. Try her Vitamin C face wash that contains anti-aging properties, protects against the environment, and doubles as a makeup remover.
4. Ditch the products with retinol, it's extremely harsh on the skin. The retinol may cause redness, dryness, chalkiness of the skin, and worst of all thin your skin.
5. Lastly, avoid extraction at home. It's more than likely that you'll use your finger nails, which will break the skin and may lead to scars. If you absolutely must, use two q-tips but really try leaving this to the professionals. Also, ditch the deep cleansing strips. They're a great idea, but unfortunately don't really work at much but taking light facial hair off.
Video: I Used Fresh Aloe Vera on My Face for 5 DAYS & THIS HAPPENED!
Jennifer Aniston And Justin Theroux Surrounded By MORE Baby Rumours
How to Manage Crohn’s Disease and IBS
This Affordable Makeup Range Has to Be One of Our Favourite Launches This Year
Slow Cooker Skinny Spaghetti
How This Woman Lost An Incredible 112 Pounds After Gaining Weight In College
Curried Quinoa with Apple and Spinach Recipe
How to Keep Your Wife Happy
7 Warning Signs You May Have an Anxiety Disorder
How to Get a VIN Verification
David Livingstone Smith, PhD