Everything Roasted Chicken
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 278 | Total Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 371 mg | Cholesterol: 86 mg | Carbohydrates: 0 g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 (5-pound) whole chicken, free-range organic recommended
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly thawed. A fresh chicken is best, when possible. Remove the neck and giblets bag inside and either throw away or use for making broth.
- Sprinkle the cavity with each 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Rub or brush the outside of the chicken with oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. If preferred, tie the legs with a string.
- Place chicken breast side up in a roasting pan, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 400 degrees and cook one hour, or until chicken thighs have reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and leave in the roasting pan and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with the broth from the roasting pan.
- NOTE: If you prefer, add additional herbs to the inside of the chicken. I love this chicken with just oil, salt, and pepper.
Video: Spiced Roasted Chicken
Top 50 Best Concrete Floor Ideas – Smooth Flooring Interior Designs
Zara hará que quieras volver a llevar el jersey de rombos del cole con esta versión brillante
How to Choose an Airsoft Retailer
5 Bollywood movies that will motivate you to exercise
Gwen Stefani on heartbreak, space buns and her love of red lipstick
Man Is Overwhelmingly Humiliated by Something He Found in Job Rejection Letter
Super-Short Crossbody Bags Are the New Normal: Here’s How to Pull ItOff
Skinny Fruit Yogurt Salad
Twitter’s New While You Were Away’ Feature: Everything You Need toKnow
How to Use Bupropion to Quit Tobacco
What is the ideal penis size According to science, we finally have an answer
What Men Need to Know About Type 2 Diabetes
The 9 Cleanest Foods in the Freezer Aisle