How not to pay a traffic police fine?
The bulk of traffic violations occur as a result of speeding, passing a prohibitory signal of a traffic light or violation of parking rules. But sometimes traffic police can unjustifiably issue a fine, thereby obliging the driver to pay it. What to do in such a situation, whether to pay traffic police fines? If you know your duties and rights well, you can avoid paying an unfairly discharged fine. First of all, it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations. If your car was stopped by a traffic police officer, and especially in cases when you did not break any rules:
- A conversation with the inspector should be through the lowered glass of the car. Remember that you are not required to get out of the car. A traffic police officer is not allowed to enter your car without your consent. Otherwise, he will incur criminal liability.
- If the car has a DVR or just a voice recorder, you should turn on the recording. There is not a single law that prohibits making audio or video recordings in the cabin of one’s owncar.
- The resulting record can serve as an excellent proof of your innocence in court or prosecutor's office. In addition, a DVR or voice recorder can quickly scare away an unscrupulous inspector.
- You should also ask him to show you his ID. Remember that only the traffic police inspector has the right to issue a fine.
- After that, you can ask the reason for the stop. By the way, it is worth noting that the explanation of the reason is the responsibility of the inspector. In this case, the reasons may be absolutely made-up, for example, checking documents or working out the city.
- In case you have not violated any rules, be sure to inform the inspector.
- It is also necessary to know that the provision of an insurance policy is necessary only for drawing up a protocol on violation of any traffic rules. Therefore, if the inspector demands to present him an insurance policy, and while you are sure that you did not violate any rules, then you have the full right not to show the policy.
- It is important to remember that if you still wrote out a penalty with which you do not agree, then in no case should you sign it.It is necessary to require an administrative protocol. If you do not agree with the fine, then in the “Explanation” column you should write about your disagreement and explain its reasons.
Now let's talk more about how not to pay a traffic police fine.
How not to pay a fine for tinting
Sometimes the traffic police officer may refer to the fact that it is forbidden to glue any film on the windows of the car. Do I have to pay fines in this case? How to prove your case, not waiting for the protocol? The best and the only correct option would be to refer to the orders of the Ministry of Internal Affairs under No. 297, paragraph 13.9 and 329 paragraph 6, prohibiting the inspection of the technical condition of a vehicle having a TRP ticket. As a rule, the inspector, convinced of your knowledge, will immediately lose interest in you.
Also know that the traffic police officer has absolutely no right to determine the tonality of the windows of your car without special devices, "by eye".
And what to do if the employee has this device and he refers to the order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs No. 534, which allows him to check the technical condition of the car during the periods of its operation, regardless ofIs the vehicle checked or not? In this case, tell the traffic police officer that, in accordance with GOST, the inspection of tinted glass should take place in special laboratories or under conditions strictly meeting these requirements:
- Air temperature +20 degrees (plus or minus 5 degrees) Celsius;
- Relative air humidity 60 (plus or minus 20)%;
- Atmospheric pressure is 86-106 kPa.
If these conditions are violated (for example, it is too hot or cold, it snows, rains, etc.), then you have the right to disagree with the fine and enter your explanation in the protocol, where you must specify the weather conditions that could interfere with the correct measurement. tinted glass. In addition, in order to prove that the weather conditions meet the standards for measuring the tonality of glass, the traffic police officer must have a hygrometer, a barometer and a thermometer, as well as a document certifying that this employee is able and has the right to use all these devices. If these conditions are not met, you can also enter this information in the protocol. Indicate in the protocol where and how the measurements were made.All these arguments will help you to challenge the fine in court, because it will be considered invalid.
And in order to avoid any problems at all on this issue, you can contact the specialists who will check the tinted glass of your car in accordance with GOST 27902 "Safety glass for cars, tractors". After verification, you will receive a special certificate, which you will be able to submit to the traffic police officer, after which all claims on this issue should disappear. We have provided you with the most complete instructions on how not to pay a traffic police fine for tinting.
Penalties for first aid kit and fire extinguisher
How not to pay a traffic police fine in the absence of a fire extinguisher or first aid kit? In this situation, it is necessary to remind the inspector about clause 2.3.1 in the Road Traffic Regulations, according to which the operation of a vehicle without a first aid kit or fire extinguisher is prohibited, but following the vehicle to the parking lot is admissible with the necessary precautions. Tell the inspector that you literally half an hour ago used a fire extinguisher and are now heading to the auto shop to get a new one.Remember that things like a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher should always be in the car, because it concerns your safety.
Deferment of payment of the fine
Many car owners are interested in how to use the deferred payment of a fine and whether it is possible not to pay fines at all. It should be noted that, of course, the law punishes malicious defaulters of fines. The penalty depends on the amount of the fine, as well as on its statute. Thus, the penalty for failure to pay a fine may include deprivation of rights for a period of 2 years or even arrest for 10 days.
However, in accordance with Article 31.5 of the Administrative Code, in the presence of circumstances that make it impossible to pay the fine on time, the authority, judge or official who issued the decision have the right to delay the execution of the decision for up to one month. If it does not allow to pay a fine financial position, on the basis of Article 31.5 of the Administrative Code of the Administrative Code, the payment of the fine can be delayed for up to three months. In this case, it will be necessary to confirm the fact of a difficult financial situation.
Now you know how not to pay a traffic police fine or to delay its payment.