How to choose the color of the walls?
Home is a place where you want to return after a hard day to relax and feel the cozy atmosphere in which you can relax. Many spend at home most of the time, so it is important to ensure comfort even in small details. So, a significant role is played by the color of the walls and furniture. If you are considering changing the color of the walls, then before you go to the store for paint or new wallpaper, read a few tips on how to choose the most appropriate shade.
How to choose the color of the walls: tips
- Rate the room: length, width, height. Think over whether you want to expand the space or narrow it down. Dark colors add more intimacy to the room, reduce size; light - expand the space, make the situation easier.
- You need to focus on the color range of furniture and interior details. Well, if the color of the walls will be in the same color category with the main furniture (for example, if we talk about natural shades). If the interior details are bright enough, then a neutral background is needed for harmonization.And vice versa - with soothing shades of furniture, you can allow brighter and more saturated colors of the walls.
- Do not be afraid to experiment. It is not necessary to paint all the walls in the same color. So, a rather stylish solution can be to paint one wall in a bright color against the background of other neutral walls. Only the color must be chosen very carefully - it must exactly match the style of the room.
- Also, the color depends on the type of room. In the bedroom it is better to choose calm, pastel colors - they help to relax. Lilac, blue, green, beige, etc. are good. You can choose more juicy and bright colors in the living room, ripe colors are also suitable for the kitchen. For mood, for example, you can choose yellow, light green, coral, etc. Look at the palettes of different colors, read about their impact on the human psyche (this is important!) And select the appropriate shades.
- Many also paint the ceiling. The best solution for choosing paint for the ceiling will be the same shade as for walls, only a few shades lighter. If the ceiling is too high for you, you can paint it a tone or two darker than the walls.