How to clean a down jacket at home
Down jackets refer to comfortable, practical clothes, but even with a gentle toe, stains may appear. Incorrect washing or ineffective removal of contaminants, contribute to the emergence of divorces, rolling down and loss of form. There are several options for safe cleaning products at home. Having become acquainted with them, it will be possible to easily remove difficult and old stains.
Preparation and precautions
Begin cleaning the down jacket or jacket to the fluff from the preparatory measures. Otherwise, the product is deformed, there will be stains. Preparatory stage:
- Laying things on a horizontal surface.
- Zipper, button and button fastening.
- Check pockets for the presence of trivia, paperwork and other things. If they are found, they must be removed.
- Careful inspection and visual assessment of spot sizes.
- Take a brush or sponge.
- Stay in the most lit place.
While working on removing stains, do not forget about safety precautions.
- Wear rubber gloves.
- Test the stain remover. Apply a few drops of the component to the inside of the fabric and observe the reaction. In the normal change of color and the appearance of divorce should not be.
- Read the label.
So that the household would not suffer, send them for a walk before cleaning.
Effective folk methods without washing and divorces
There are folk ways to clean the down jacket without washing. Methods are effective if you do everything according to the rules:
- We take components in strict proportions;
- We rub the products with clean cotton pads or sponges;
- We rinse after a while.
Violation of the rules can lead to an increase in the problem, which will negatively affect the appearance of the product.
Vinegar and salt
The fight against stains with vinegar and salt is considered a simple and effective way. This requires:
- Take warm water in the amount of 500 milliliters.
- Add salt and vinegar 9% (10 grams) to it, mix.
- In a solution, moisten a cotton pad and attach to the stain.
After 20 minutes, wash off the remnants of a clean cloth dipped in water.
Detergents for dishware
To eliminate grease stains suitable detergents for dishes.
- Prepare 400 ml of water at a temperature of 40-50 degrees.
- Add 10 ml of dish detergent to it.
- Dip a clean cloth into the liquid.
- After 2 seconds, reach, slightly press, put on the problem area.
- Wipe away with soap and foam.
After 10–15 minutes, the remnants are cleaned with a damp cloth.
In the presence of stains of engine oil, it is recommended to use purified gasoline. It quickly removes pollution, and does not leave stains even on light things.
Apply it strictly according to the rules:
- 3 - 4 drops of gasoline to a wet sponge.
- To rub a stain.
- Clean rags dipped in water, remove residues.
To eliminate the smell of gasoline, blot the treated area of the down jacket with a damp cloth.
Liquid detergent and ammonia
The solution of liquid detergent and ammonia will help remove old and large stains.
- Mix 5 ml of ammonia with liquid detergent.
- Add them to 100 ml of water.
- Apply the component to the stain and rub with a brush.
Remove foam residues with a damp sponge after 3 to 5 minutes.
Starch and other products
Minor stains can be removed using starch.
- Pour 5 g of starch with 20 ml of water.
- Mix. Put the mixture on the contaminated area.
- After 5 minutes, remove the residues with a damp sponge.
If there are many spots, the amount of starch and water is increased.
There are other options for removing stains from feathers, for example:
- Rubbing shampoo, diluted with water (1: 1 ratio).
- Applying a cotton ball moistened in milk.
- Drawing on the problem site crushed chalk.
Regardless of the option, the remnants of the funds are carefully removed from the surface of the jacket with a clean, damp sponge or cloth.
Specialized household chemicals
The range of special household chemicals for removing stains from down jackets and down jackets is on the market.
|"Dr. Beckmann||5 ml||A roller is taken and rubbed into the stain for 30 seconds.||Comfortable ball applicator, easily sliding on the fabric.|
|"Vanish"||8 ml||Apply to the contaminated area and rub in for one minute.||There is a cap into which the required amount of stain remover is poured.|
|"Heitmann"||15 ml||It is diluted with warm water and then hand washed.||There is a measuring cap to accurately measure the amount of fluid.|
It is necessary to use means strictly according to the instruction.
How to wash a down jacket in a washing machine
When washing the down jacket in a washing machine, it is important to be careful and be careful. To prevent deformation of the product, proceed as follows.
- Check that the zippers, buttons and buttons are buttoned.
- Set the mode: "Delicate washing".
- Put some tennis balls in the typewriter drum.
- Put the capsules for washing.
Experts say that tennis balls prevent the formation of lumps from rolling down and reduce the risk of spoiling the thing 2.5-3 times.
Washable in a typewriter, if indicated on the label. Otherwise, you can spoil the thing.
How to dry a down jacket
Incorrect drying of the jacket can cause irreversible effects:
- Education divorce.
- Rolling down the fluff.
For the prevention of damage recommended:
- Hang down jacket on the shoulders to fit.
- Take out to the balcony or street. Do not let the rain start.
- If you can not dry in the fresh air, do not hang it next to the heating appliances.
- Remove the down jacket when completely dry.
Features of cleaning products with a membrane
Cleansing down jackets or jackets for fluff with a membrane has a number of features:
- Machine wash is prohibited.
- Stains can be removed only by special means.
- Drying is permissible in a horizontal position, and shake every 40 minutes.
- After drying, apply a special protective agent to the top layer of the fabric.
Self-cleaning products with a membrane is difficult. It is worth assessing all possible risks and consequences. Perhaps it is better to give the thing to a dry cleaner to reduce the likelihood of divorce and other defects.
To effectively clean the down jacket from stains, it is recommended that you follow a few tips.
- Remove the stain as soon as it is detected.
- Do not zealously, applying a remedy to the surface of the tissue.
- Abandon the use of hard sponges.
- Before machine wash, rub the dirt with household soap.
If the selected agent does not cope with the stain, do not immediately retry contamination. Dry the thing, and then take on another option.
Down jacket - practical clothes, and with competent care, it will last for many years.Always look at the product for stains, and if they are found, dispose of it urgently. You can do this in various ways, most importantly, follow the rules and advice, so as not to spoil the thing.