How to clean the skin?
Leather is probably the most ancient material from which people began to make clothes and other products. Over the millennia, tanners have developed many ways to turn animal skins into beautiful materials of the most varied quality and structure. And today, products made of genuine leather are often found in everyday life of almost any person. Therefore, the question of how to properly clean the skin, and in the course of everyday use, and in the event of unexpected contamination, arises quite often. The decision to use the services of dry cleaning is not always true. There are more benign ways to get rid of pollution and preserve the external attractiveness of any product.
Conditions to consider when cleaning
- Choosing the option of how to clean leather products, one will have to take into account conflicting requirements: when removing dirt, it is required to preserve the coloring of the product and the content of fat in the skin.
- The skin is sensitive to temperature fluctuations, water and mechanical stress. Therefore, it can be cleaned at 30 � C and dried at 50 � C.
- It is impossible to clean natural skin with organic solvents - there is a high risk to wash off the dye.
- Clothes with heavy soiling, such as, for example, stains from engine oil, will have to be cleaned in a dry-cleaner. However, perchlorethylene used there changes the softness and color of the products, as well as washes the fats made during processing from the skin. But the procedure for making fats back to domestic dry cleaners is usually skipped. Therefore, when deciding how to clean a leather jacket, it may be worth the risk and try �folk� products.
- During operation, any leather products are contaminated. Therefore, it is necessary to systematically clean the natural skin with a vacuum cleaner or a damp cloth. Soft porous skin should be regularly cleaned with a soft dry sponge. This method will not only clean the pollution, but also return the live view to the product. It is convenient to clean velor and suede products with a short-hair brush or suede elastic.
- To protect the skin with the purpose of protecting it, you can apply a special cream to protect it or a regular nourishing cream.This method is good to use after cleaning the leather bag.
- To clean the skin was easier, it is worth treating the product with a special impregnation, which will protect the surface from moisture and facilitate the cleaning of possible dirt.
Pollution Cleaning Methods
- The first thing to try if you need to clean up the pollution on the skin is whipped soapy foam, which contains almost no alkali. It is applied to the stain with a sponge and then washed with a dry sponge.
- Spots of protein origin (blood, dog saliva) can be washed off with cold water, especially if they have not had time to dry.
- Universal remedies for cleaning natural skin are pure alcohol or gasoline "Galosha". Before cleaning the stain, it is worth trying on an inconspicuous area and after drying, check whether the color and stiffness of the skin has changed.
- Fat or oil stain can be thickly covered with chalk powder and left for about a day. After that, the chalk is cleaned with a brush.
- Ballpoint pen and ink stains are removed with a mixture of alcohol and acetic acid or alcohol with magnesia. This can also be done with adhesive tape, if you stick it tightly and then pull it off.
- When deciding how to clean white skin, it is worth referring to the experience of your grandmothers.For this purpose they used a mixture of cow's milk and whipped egg white. If the unpleasant smell is not an obstacle, it is worth trying to clean the stain with the help of half onions.
- If in everyday life there are things made of artificial leather, it is worth taking preventive measures to protect them from possible contamination by lubricating the surface of the products with a special dirt and water repellent. If contamination could not be avoided, the artificial skin can be cleaned with a solution of ammonia or ordinary detergent. To do this, a sponge or soft cloth is moistened in a solution, and with their help the contaminated area is cleaned.