How to connect Huawei?
Watch the video
To access the global network, you can use a USB-modem. The adapter is easy to install and convenient to use. An alternative to Internet access is a Wi-Fi router. In the article we will talk about the low-priced Chinese brand Huawei.
How to connect and configure Huawei USB-modem
Most models of Huawei USB adapters connect to the network after connecting the device and the computer. Manual software installation is not required, which greatly simplifies the work. In addition, according to users, the modem transmits data at a higher speed, unlike its competitors.
Huawei cooperates with various mobile operators. But when you buy a modem from one of the operators, you cannot change the SIM card. To do this, you need a flashing device. After changing the software and settings, you can make the device available to all mobile operators.
In addition, the modem can be used as a regular USB flash drive: the device has a slot for a memory card (the card is purchased separately).
- Unpack the kit and check the contents: USB-modem, SIM card, extension cable and instructions for setting up the device.
- Insert the SIM card in the designated place in the modem.
- Turn on the computer or laptop and wait until the operating system is fully loaded.
- Insert the modem into the USB connector of the computer (for a higher connection speed, use an extension cable or use the USB connector on the back of the system unit).
- Then wait until the computer detects a new device (an icon will appear on the desktop taskbar).
- Next, the installation wizard will begin to automatically configure the software.
- If the installation wizard does not respond, then double-click on the AutoRun.exe file and launch the program.
- Then follow the instructions of the installation wizard, simultaneously accepting the license agreement (during the installation, do not disconnect the modem from the computer or laptop).
- When the installation is complete on the desktop, you will see a shortcut to quick access.
- Click on the shortcut that appears and click "Connect."
- The device is ready for operation.
- To disconnect the modem from the computer, click on “Safely Remove” and then disconnect the adapter.
How to connect and configure Huawei router
To access the Internet, you can use a Wi-Fi router. With this device, you will not only get access to the global network, but also be able to create your home network and access the Internet from several devices at the same time.
- Open the box and check the contents: router, network cable, power supply, installation disk, usage and configuration guide.
- If the router goes without a built-in antenna, then it should go in the configuration.
- Next, you need to connect the router to a PC or laptop: connect the cable to the LAN connector of the device, and connect the other end to the computer (to the network card).
- If a Wi-Fi module is built into your computer, you can connect devices via the WPS function (with the option supported by both the device and the computer). To do this, hold down the WPS button on the side or back panel of the router for a few seconds and wait for the connection.
- If you want to create a local network, connect the Internet cable to the WAN (INTERNET) connector on the router. If you just want to connect your computer and router, then you can not connect the cable.
- Next, go to the address bar of the browser and enter IP 192.168.1.100.
- Press the Enter button.
- Then you must enter the username - admin and password - admin.
- Next, the automatic setup of the router will begin: follow the installation instructions.
- After the installation is completed, click "OK" and close all windows.