How to cook food?
Sooner or later, each mother will have to feed her baby, who will already lack breastmilk or formula. If you do not want to buy baby food in jars, then consider our suggested ways of how to prepare baby food for yourself.
In the modern world, it is customary to start feeding with vegetables or porridge. The choice depends on the nature of the weight gain of your baby. If the child is not gaining weight well, then pediatricians recommend introducing porridge into the food, and only then vegetables. If the child's weight is normal, then advise starting with vegetables. Consider the methods of cooking vegetables and cereals for the youngest children.
How to make mash for food
If we talk about vegetables as the first lure, then it is worth recalling that we start with one-component mashed potatoes, that is, with one vegetable, without mixing different products. Two new products at the same time - this is a big load on the child's body, in addition, in the case of allergies, it will be difficult to understand exactly what caused it.
Vegetables for the first meal to choose
Usually, children prefer the zucchini more, so it’s worth starting with cabbage so that after the zucchini they don’t refuse it.
How to cook the first vegetable food
Attention! The first lure begins to enter with half a teaspoon per day, gradually increasing the portion.
- Be sure to wash your hands before preparing your lures. Check the dishes for cleanliness.
- It is advisable to cook the vegetables for a couple, to keep a maximum of useful substances. No salt or sugar is required.
- If you have a slow cooker at home, then pour 400 ml of water into the bowl, and place the well-washed and coarsely chopped vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli or zucchini) into the steamer container. Close the multicooker lid. Set the steam mode to 15 minutes. Cooked vegetables, whisk blender into a homogeneous mass.
- If you do not have multicookers (steamers), it is very easy to cook steamed vegetables without it. Put a pot of water on the stove. Place a colander with a vegetable on top. Be sure to tightly cover the colander with a lid. Cooked vegetables, whisk blender into a homogeneous mass.
Why a child may not like your food
- he is not ready for the introduction of adult food;
- vegetables have a thick or dry texture (try boiling them in water and putting not only vegetables into the blender, but also the resulting broth);
- The food you cooked does not correspond to the individual taste preferences of the child (try giving mashed jar of mashed potatoes).
When a child does not want to eat anything other than mother’s milk or a mixture, and his age requires the introduction of complementary foods, do not force him, but continue patiently, every day, to give at least one teaspoon of complementary foods before breastfeeding or formula. Some children find it difficult to get used to the new taste sensations.
How to cook porridge for feeding
For the first feeding use gluten-free cereals. These include:
How to cook the first lure in the form of porridge
- It is necessary to grind the washed cereals (flakes) in the mill (coffee grinder, combine). You can immediately prepare the ground cereal for several days.
- Pour 100 ml of water into a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil.
- Slowly add 1 teaspoon of ground cereal to the water. No salt or sugar is required.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. Determine the texture themselves.At first make liquid porridge, then - thicker.
It is important to understand that the most important thing is a well-fed child and happy parents. If the baby refuses to eat your culinary masterpieces, do not torture yourself and the child. Go to the store and buy ready-made baby food: vegetable mashed jars and instant cereals. If you doubt the quality of the products included in their composition, then think about the quality of the store products from which you prepare the food for the child.