How to cook pike?
Pike, like fish for cooking, refers to the fish of the second grade. Because of that, dishes from a pike assume difficult and long culinary processing. However, dishes from this fish are quite tasty, so pike is often used in cooking. Some recipes with pike are so tasty that they can compete with the dishes of elite cuisine. For example, pike caviar is inferior in taste to salmon and sturgeon caviar - recognized delicacies. There are many variants of what can be cooked from a pike - it can be boiled, baked, fried, stuffed dishes. From pike you get tasty burgers, zrazy, roll, aspic, pudding, besides this, you can marinate pike. Also do not forget about fish soups and fish soup, which is easy to prepare at home.
Boiled dishes from pike
- In order to cook the ear from the pike, you need to put the pan on the fire and wait for the water to boil. After that, you need to salt the water and add the fish:
- Pike should be cut into pieces. And by the amount of it should not be more than half the water level.You also need to remove the gills and cut off the fins.
- It is necessary to monitor the condition of the soup and clean foam. After the ear boils, you need to make the fire weaker and record the time. Every 15 minutes you need to take a sample from the soup. The taste will change slowly, and the absolute readiness of the soup will come within 1 hour after the ear with the pike first boiled.
- 10 minutes before the ear is ready, you need to add onions, ground black pepper and some ground peas allspice.
- Then add dill and bay leaf.
- You can use the soup as a soup, and you can put the fish in pieces as a separate dish. And also use broth separately after strong drinks.
Pike in tomato
- Before you cook the pike in a tomato, you need to fry the finely chopped and peeled onions in a fat or oil in a deep frying pan. Then put tomato paste, a pinch of salt and ground pepper, sugar, and add a floor - a glass of hot water. Everything is mixed and boiled. Cooking pike meat:
- The cut pike pulp is cut into chunks, placed in a pan and poured into the finished tomato mixture. Cooked all over low heat until the fish is fully cooked.
- Then everything is transferred to the dish, poured with sauce, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
- The side dish is usually served with boiled rice or boiled macaroni. Garnish must be poured with baked butter.
- For 500 g of pike, take 3/4 cup of tomato paste, 2 pcs. onions, butter, half a spoonful of sugar, salt, pepper.
Minced fish balls with beets and horseradish
- Horseradish root is cleaned, scalded with boiling water and ground in a blender to a puree-like state. Then add vinegar, sour cream, half a spoonful of sugar.
- Stir and allow the horseradish mass to stand for at least 1 hour in a cool place. Peel the beets and cut into cubes of medium size.
- Then fry the beets for 3 minutes. in vegetable oil, then pour the wine and simmer the whole 10-15 minutes. on low heat until the beets are soft. Since cooking tasty pike is not an easy task, fish need to be prepared. To start pike fillet, rinse, dry and cut into slices.
- Chop the pike fillet in a blender, then add the eggs and mix. In the resulting mass, add ice, bread, crushed into flour and two tablespoons. l Sugar, pepper. The fish mass should be whipped to a light texture, and then left in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fish mass form into balls - 2 tbsp. spoon stuffing on one ball. Do it better with wet hands.Boil the fish broth in a large saucepan, then add and cook the balls in the broth for about 30–40 minutes.
- Then add carrots, onions, cinnamon and sugar to the broth and boil the broth for 15–20 minutes. The balls should be completely covered with water, you need to follow this.
- • After the broth is removed from the fire, it should be allowed to stand for 10–15 minutes. Balls take out a slotted spoon and spread on a dish. Usually served with beetroot stew and horseradish sauce.
Fried pike dishes
- Cleaned fish is washed, wiped with a napkin and cut into portions. Then it is salted and left to rest for a while. Then you need:
- Roll pike in flour and in whipped eggs, then add breadcrumbs and fry in boiling fat on all sides.
- Ready portions of fish spread on a dish and decorated with slices of lemon, on each of which put a little pounded horseradish. Served usually with potatoes.
Pike in sour cream
- Before you cook the pike in sour cream, prepare the ingredients:
- 500-600g. Pike, 1 onion, 500g. sour cream, 1-2st. spoons of vegetable oil, parsley and dill or cilantro to taste, 1st. A spoonful of lemon juice, black and white pepper to taste, where sea salt.
- Pike is cut into medium-sized pieces, salted and pepper and lemon juice are added. All is thoroughly mixed and left for 15-20 minutes.
- Next, cut onions in half rings or rings and fry on low heat, in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Then spread the pike in the pan to the onions, and fry on all sides for 5-7 minutes.
- After that, the fish is poured sour cream. Too thick sour cream diluted with water. After sour cream boils, all stew 10-15 minutes.
- Greens should be finely chopped, after which it is poured out on a pike and stewed for another 5 minutes. Serve better hot in deep dishes.
Pike fillet cutlets
- Before you cook the pike cutlets, you also need to prepare the ingredients:
- 1kg pike fillet, 250g. mutton fat, 200 gr. white bread, 200 gr. milk, 2 medium onions, egg 1pc., pepper, salt and breadcrumbs.
- The pike needs to be cleared only from the ridge. Then the fillet is ground with added onions and mutton fat through a meat grinder. There also must be added pre-soaked stale white bread, presoaked in milk.
- Then you need to add to the minced egg, salt and pepper.After that, the stuffing should be kneaded and divided into portions. Then you need to form the patties.
- The resulting portions need to roll in breadcrumbs, and then fry in vegetable oil, over medium heat, until golden brown. Cutlets are usually quite juicy and tasty.
Cooking pike caviar
There are only two ways to cook caviar of pike, fry and eat raw. Raw caviar for eating should be pre-salted. This is the most popular dish of pike in areas located near freshwater rivers. Cooking pike caviar is almost the same as other types of fish. You will need:
- Pike caviar, salt and pepper, leek. In a saucepan, boil water twice as large as the volume of caviar.
- Caviar is poured with this boiling water and gently stirred with a fork. This is done so that the films remain on the fork, and the roe itself settles to the bottom.
- Then the eggs must be thoroughly washed and dried. This is done, usually with the help of gauze, which must be put in a colander. Then, add finely chopped green onions, salt and spices to taste.
- After that, the eggs must be refrigerated for at least 1 hour.Best salted caviar to use for making sandwiches.
- Roasted caviar with flour and spices on medium heat until cooked. It is usually served with the same side dish as the pike itself, for example, with green salads or boiled potatoes.