How to cook the perfect fillet mignon?
The first homeland of the steak is Ancient Rome, where the inhabitants began to fry large pieces of meat on the bars for sacrifice. But the second home of this goodies is England. They learned about a piece of roasted meat in this country in the 15th century, and built it into a real cult. Today, one of the most popular meat dishes ordered in restaurants is filet mignon. This is the most tender and delicious steak. How to cook it at home, tell you next.
Meat is a universal product. From it you can prepare a huge number of dishes that are suitable for everyday family lunch or dinner, and for the holiday table. Steaks also easily fit into these parameters. But how to make the filet mignon happen as incredible as in an expensive restaurant? Follow a few important rules:
- The first and most important question - what kind of meat is suitable for real steaks? The answer can be only one - only beef.In the case of filet mignon, this should be the central part of the cut. It is there that the flesh is most tender and non-greasy.
- The ideal thickness is 3-4 cm. If this figure is smaller, most likely, the dish will be too dry (you also remember that there are practically no fat layers in it).
- If you are cutting the tenderloin at home, then make sure that there are no films left on it. They will make meat tough.
- One hour before the steaks are prepared, you need to get it and leave it warm at room temperature. This will help them fry evenly.
- You can pickle at will, but it is necessary to oil it. A variant with cooking marinade from oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and rosemary, which in the process of frying poured pieces.
- To ensure that the beef does not lose its juiciness, it must be salted at the end of cooking or just before serving.
- How many filet mignon is prepared? Meat protein is folded at a high temperature, which makes it possible to "seal" all the juice inside. That is why, at first, the meat is fried at a high temperature for approximately 3 minutes on each side, and then brought to readiness, reducing degrees.
- Choosing the degree of roasting, it is better to dwell on the options medium or medium well. For the last after roasting fillet minion should be sent to the oven for 5 minutes. Stronger roasts are not entirely suitable for lean meat, as it becomes dry due to longer heat treatments.
Filet mignon with mushroom sauce
Now that all the secrets are revealed, you can go directly to the recipe. It will be a classic steak with champignon sauce. It will be necessary for him:
- pieces of beef tenderloin - 3 pieces;
- champignons - 200 g;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- butter - 40 g;
- chicken broth - 1 tbsp .;
- dry red wine - 100 ml;
- spring onions;
Steaks fry in a frying pan or grill for 3 minutes on each side. Put it on a plate and let it go. Meanwhile, make the sauce. For him, fry the onions and mushrooms in butter, pour in the wine and simmer until thick. If the time has passed, and you noticed that the sauce does not thicken, you can put 1-2 tablespoons. cornmeal.
After pouring broth and boil a little more. Remove from heat, add chopped parsley, butter and spices.
Put the steak on the dish, pour the sauce and serve it to the table.
What to add?
Classic sauces that serve to filet mignon are also wine, pepper, chimichurri, and spicy butter.
But as for the side dish, you should forget about the usual mashed potatoes. The delicate taste of meat requires a special pair - exquisite, without a sharp smell and complex taste combinations. The ideal option can be boiled or braised asparagus, broccoli, corn.
Also fit vegetables cooked on the grill - cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant. In a frying pan you can make caramelized carrots.
Another simple option - vegetable puree. For him, you can take boiled zucchini, carrots, celery, green peas, in a mixture of which add spices and cream.
Delicious and extraordinarily tender fillet minion will not leave indifferent any amateur meat. It is so appetizing that it starts "with eyes" even before the first piece gets into the mouth. Bon Appetit!