How to cook Uzbek plov?
Culinary art of Central Asia holds its strong position far beyond the borders of his native land absolutely deserved. There are no indifferent people for shurpa, pasties, yantyk, tandyr samsa. Having tasted all these oriental delights, subconsciously I want to learn how to do them myself. Let's start with the most popular and tell you how to cook Uzbek plov.
Features of Uzbek pilaf
To understand how to cook Uzbek plov, you need to know its features. The pilaf consists of a zirvaka and a cereal part. Zirvak is a meat and vegetable mix, the cereal part is mostly rice (sometimes there are peas, mung, corn). In the Uzbek version, zirvak and cereal part are prepared together. This is the first feature of this pilaf. The next distinguishing feature is the mixture of vegetable and animal fat. A special place is occupied by the preliminary calcination of the oil, the sequence of bookmarks and the processing time of the pilaf components.
Equipment and equipment
Classically, the dish is prepared on an open fire.To properly prepare Uzbek plov one must have a tripod and a cauldron. Cauldron should be thick-walled (cast iron, aluminum, copper) with a wide bottom and low walls. The fire is wood-burning, and the power of the flame is regulated by throwing firewood, breaking it into coals, or vice versa. Be sure to need a skimmer.
The right set of products
For classic Uzbek pilaf you need lamb. Brisket works best, but don’t be afraid to use both the scapula and back leg. Pulp requires pulp, but the presence of a small amount of meat with bones is allowed.
The most correct variety for Central Asian pilaf is Dev-zira or Uzgen red rice. You can use a replacement. Remember, rice must be strong, transparent with medium-long grains.
Oil and oil
Cotton oil is customarily used for pilaf, substitute may be corn oil or sunflower oil (but no flavor should be present). As animal fat used fat tail.
Onions, garlic, yellow carrots (often used ordinary).
Hot peppers in pods, cumin seeds (cumin), salt.
The ratio of the number of ingredients
Meat, rice, carrots - 1 kg each, 3-4 onions, garlic - 2-3 heads, 300 ml vegetable oil, bitter pepper 2 pods, zira - a tablespoon.
So, now it remains to practically prepare Uzbek plov.
Meat is cut into large cubes, bone parts can simply be reduced in size. Fat is formed in small pieces. The onion is cut into half rings, one onion remains intact. Carrots can not be rubbed, cut into strips. The straw is large, cut a long time, but it is a tribute to the classic recipe. We clean the garlic from the rhizome, remove the upper skin, leaving the teeth fastened together.
Rice is washed beforehand and thoroughly. The water should merge clear. Washed rice remains in pre-salted water for about an hour.
Sequence of action, the maximum fire:
- We warm the cauldron on the fire. In a hot cauldron pour vegetable oil.
- In the heated oil throw a small whole onion. Once the onion has browned brown, remove it.
- Now added mutton fat. It is needed to give aroma to vegetable oil. As the fat zolototilsya, extract it.
- We drop in the cauldron lamb bones.Add salt and zira on a pinch. The color of the lamb meat should be deep brown. Fry to this color.
- Next turn for onions. Stir. It is fried until golden brown.
- Next, add the pulp of lamb. Everything is mixed up. Meat should be fried, not stewed. 10 minutes will be enough for him.
- Carrots are added after meat. Thoroughly mix it for 10 minutes and proceed on.
- Pour hot or warm (not cold) water into the prepared frying. Its quantity on our structure is about 1 l. It should be about 1 cm. Cover zazharku. As soon as the sauce boils, add the garlic with whole heads and chili pepper (only whole).
This is Zirvak, which plays an important role in how to properly prepare Uzbek pilaf.
The intensity of the fire is removed to a stable small boil. The process takes about 30 minutes.
- At this time, prepare the rice for the tab. Drain the water from it.
- Remove from the cauldron lamb bones, garlic and pepper (temporarily set aside).
- We regulate the presence of salt, zirvak should be slightly salty.
- Increase the intensity of the fire to the maximum.
- The rice is transferred to the cauldron with a skimmer, gradually covering the zirvak.
- Rice is smoothed with a slotted spoon, you can not mix rice and zirvak.
- You work exclusively with a skimmer and only with rice, helping it to soak in juices and fat of zirvaka.
- As the rice soaks up the liquid from the fish, reduce the intensity of the fire.
- Sample rice. Rice comes from the middle. If it is harsh, you must add a glass of hot water. By skimming the rice, you help the water get into the zirvak. If the rice is elastic, then we make a hole in its mass and return the stones, garlic and pepper, we fall asleep 1-2 teaspoons of spira in this hole. The fossa is buried with rice and smoothed down with a slotted spoon.
- Now we close the internal area of the cauldron with an enameled bowl or lid. Towels are laid on the edges of the cover.
- The fire under the cauldron is dismantled, right down to the coals. The heat of the heated cauldron is enough. In this form, the cauldron will still stand for 25 minutes.
We open the cauldron, remove the garlic, pepper, bones. The remaining mass of pilaf is thoroughly mixed and served. Now you know exactly how to cook Uzbek plov.
Traditionally, salad from tomato, onion, red pepper and salt is served to the pilaf.