How to dissolve the pads?
Watch the video
The pads are parts of the transport braking system that, as a result of being pressed, interact with the brake disc. Thanks to this, the car starts to lose speed and stops. But all parts have their own life and eventually wear out. Malfunction of brake pads can lead to emergency situations with very serious consequences. Today we will tell you about how to dilute the brake pads of the car.
Car brake pads replacement
If you hear extraneous noises while braking the car, then immediately try to check the condition of the brake pads. It is believed that the rear pads most often fail, but this is not quite the case. On the front pads there is a big load when you press the brake pedal, so they wear out faster. To dilute the rear or front brake pads, do the following:
- Put the car on the handbrake.
- Unscrew the bolts of the front wheel (the other front wheel on the opposite side must be fixed in a fixed position!).
- We put a jack under the car and remove the wheel.
- We press on the brake cylinder and disengage the pads, inserting a screwdriver between them so that the brake piston returns to its original position.
- Turn off the bolt of the brake caliper to the guide bushings. This can cause problems when the parts are very worn out - then it is necessary to spray WD-40 spray, which has a lubricating effect. After 10 minutes, you can again start unscrewing, which this time will be successful.
- Turn off the bolt that connects the brake caliper with the bracket, while the bracket and the caliper body should lean to the side.
- Remove the brake pads.
Now you know how to dissolve the pads yourself, without resorting to the help of staff stations.
How to determine the level of wear
In appearance, it will be clear how the brake pads are suitable for further use. If the friction material is damaged only on one side, then it is necessary to replace the anthers of the guide bushes. Their malfunction leads to the fact that during the movement of the car there is a jamming of the caliper. This part, in turn, has a negative effect on the pads.If the friction material is worn evenly, then it is necessary to replace the pads. After installing the parts back, you need to check the car again for the presence of extraneous sounds.