How to get to the hospital?
The surest way to get into the hospital is to get pregnant, well, or to study for an obstetrician-gynecologist (this will take a lot of time). In addition to jokes, getting into the hospital to a pregnant woman is easier than ever; the main thing is to do it if necessary and on time.
How to get to the hospital, which belongs to the place of residence? You just need to call an ambulance. Cause an ambulance usually with the onset of the first bouts. To hedge, you can call an ambulance on the day when you were scheduled to give birth. If that hospital, which is assigned to your place of residence, does not suit you, and you have identified another one for yourself, then it is necessary to warn the ambulance doctors about this. And, of course, you should already have an early agreement with the hospital where you are going.
It happens that they lie down in advance, it is necessary to agree on this in the maternity hospital, to discuss with the doctor watching you. This option will reduce your worries and the thought that you "do not have time" to get there.
Preparation for the maternity hospital
Before the arrival of the ambulance, you need to prepare a package of necessary documents:
- medical policy;
- exchange card.
It is also worth taking with you hygiene and personal care products (toothpaste and brush, shampoo, washcloth, shower gel, machine), towel, dry / wet wipes, pads, panties, socks, slippers, bathrobe (not all hospitals pregnant women or women giving birth to bring their things, you need to know about it in advance), phone, charger.
If the term of delivery has come, then, in addition to the usual set of tools, you should take with you:
- water without gas (2 l.);
- pampers "from 0";
- wet wipes for newborns;
- a diaper;
- cap, socks for the child (it is necessary to find out whether the rest of the linen is given out in this hospital);
- bra for nursing at will (several sizes larger than usual - milk flow increases the bust);
- "Bepanten" - ointment from cracks in the nipples,
- breast pump (it helps a lot, especially primiparous, so that the milk does not stagnate and does not cause pain).
You can ask the rest to bring their relatives from home during visits.
In the maternity hospital
How to get to the hospital, you learned, now briefly about what happens with the woman further:
- dress in hospital clothes at the reception;
- in the same place the questionnaire is filled in;
- an examination by a gynecologist in the chair is carried out in order to ascertain the stage of labor and so on;
- an enema for cleansing the intestines and an intimate haircut is done (it is better to have time to do it yourself at home);
- if childbirth really begins (that is, a disclosure has occurred, the waters have withdrawn, contractions have begun), the pregnant woman goes to the prenatal before the birth begins;
- in the same place, they connect a dropper and provide a parturient with the necessary observation and care, depending on the condition of the child and the mother;
- for caesarean section, a woman is offered full or local anesthesia, and is taken to the operating room;
- if a woman gives birth herself, with the onset of labor, she is transferred to the family room, where she is placed on a special bed for women in childbirth;
- when a child is born, it is shown to the mother, they fix the time, inspect, weigh, measure the child and apply it to the mother's breast (this is necessary and very important, unfortunately, not all maternity hospitals adhere to this rule).
The last stage is important for the emotional and physical health of the mother and child. The baby’s intestinal microflora is colonized when the baby consumes colostrum from the mother’s breast, if it is deprived of it, the microflora may suffer.And contact with the mother in the first minutes of her life is simply very necessary for the baby and mother.