How to knit edge loops?
Watch the video
Through edge loops begins and ends a lot of products made with regular straight knitting needles. It is thanks to the use of such technology that neat edges are obtained from an all-connected product or part. Therefore, every beginning knitter must know how to knit edge loops.
There are several ways to determine the execution edge. But whatever you choose, you definitely need even knitting needles, high-quality yarn and a little patience.
Knitting edge loops
- First, remove the extreme loop in the row, without knitting. This is done in the following way: make a movement from right to left, inserting your working (right) needle into the thread arch located on the edge. Next, transfer the resulting loop to the working thread. This loop should remain lying on your index finger of your left hand.
- Do not forget to take into account the fact that often in the knitting manuals, the first loop does not define the edge band (that is, the edge loop), but the loop located next to it.And then, if 17 loops of a row are indicated, then 19 will need to be dialed.
- Continue knitting. The edge loop should be formed by the “chain” method in the form of a train of several elongated loops. Do not forget to knit only the last edge loop in the front row. The first edge loop of the future “chain” is simply removed in this case, and the thread is necessarily placed before knitting.
- Edge loop that closes the series, knit as a normal front. Then, turning the work, perform a purse row. Result: the last knitted loop in the row turns out to be the first, that is, the edge loop, and, as indicated in the sample, is removed on the needle.
- To carry out individual moments of cut, which in the end need to be stitched together, you will be helped by the use of the edge in the form of a chain.
- To knit the edge loop correctly, tie a knotted edge. To do this, remove the edge loop, and the main (working) thread must be put behind knitting.Here the last loop in the series, as in the “chain” technique, is also performed on the front loop.
- Knitting "knots", create an edge in several rows in height. Along the edges of the product at the same intervals should appear the knots of the working thread, necessary for sticking the elongated edge loops. As a result, the edge will be well fixed and will not become too elastic.
The edge loop, the video on the creation of which is presented here, will look great in any product, and will not be inferior in strength to the two other types of edge loops.