How to know the sound driver?
When playing media files that contain sound, it sometimes happens that they are not played. The reason for this may be in the error of the drivers for the software or in the fact that the drivers simply “flew off”. To correct this error, you must reinstall the driver (software) for the sound card. This raises the question: how to find out the sound card driver? In this article we will tell you how to do this. We will also give you several answers so that you probably understand how to find out which sound drivers you need.
There are several options for this:
- You need to download a program called Everest. This program is shareware and has a Russian interface. It is also easy to use for anyone, even an unprepared person. With its help, you can easily find out almost all information about your personal computer, including how to find out your sound driver. Run the installed Everest program.Now you need to select in the window that appears. menu item called "Devices". At this point, select "Windows devices", then "Sound, video and gaming devices", where in the drop-down list you can see the name of your sound card. Perhaps it will be Creative or Realtek. Click on the name of the sound card, and from the bottom of the window you will immediately see all the information on this device.
- Go to the "Start" menu. Click on the “My Computer” icon with the right mouse button and, in the appeared window, select the “Device Manager” item. In the “Device Manager”, open the “Sound, video and gaming devices” item, where you can see the name of the sound card in the list. Double click on this name with the left mouse button. In the new window, select the tab "Driver". In the "Driver" you can see everything you need. Also in the "Sound Card Properties" you can go to the tab called "Details". Then in the menu, which is called the sound card, select the item "Corresponding device code (ID)". Copying this code is necessary:
- go to any website with drivers where you can find the necessary driver by this ID;
- just enter the “driver by ID” in the Google search engine and insert what you copied instead of the ID.
- Just write a model of your motherboard and, if the sound card is embedded, you can view its parameters either on the Internet or on the motherboard itself.
Now you know how to recognize a sound driver! A little time and everything will turn out.