How to make a lens?
Watch the video
If you don’t have a lens at the right time, don’t get upset, as you can do it yourself with your own hands very quickly. To do this, it is necessary to study the recommendations of how to make a lens with your own hands.
Plastic bottle lenses
In this case, try to make a biconvex lens. During the work you will need:
- plastic bottle (preferably transparent);
- clay / clay;
- Make a piece of paper from your paper lens. To do this, draw on the sheet of paper a circle of the desired diameter and cut it.
- Draw two circles on the upper convex part of the bottlecut out.
- Glue the two halves together with clay or clay so that the edges fit tightly together.
- Fill the lens cavity with water so that the water is free from bubbles. To do this, insert into the connecting element (clay, clay) tubules on both sides. Immerse one tube in water and bring the other out to extract air from the lens cavity.
- After the entire lens is filled with water, remove the tubes and insulate the holes. Now the lens is ready for use as intended.
Also, instead of tubes you can use an ordinary syringe and use it to fill the lens with water. In this case, on one side insert the needle of the syringe and gradually fill the lens with water, and on the opposite side it is necessary to make an air hole.
If you are in a cold location, and the bottles and scrap materials are not at hand, you can make a simple optical lens with the help of ice. To do this, type in a bag of water and put it in a cold place (preferably in the freezer). As it solidifies, give the lens a flat shape. After the water in the bag turns into ice, the lens can be used.