How to make a power-saw?
If there is a need to work with wood for household needs, such as building a house or other objects, then sometimes there is no point in buying expensive wood-processing equipment. Sometimes it is worth it for him to purchase related equipment. Firstly, because such a need may well be one-time. In this case, it makes sense to make a tool with your own hands. For this, of course, it is worthwhile to be well versed in such a technique in order to prevent a number of mistakes. In our article we will look at how to make a mini-power-sawmill of various options.
If you need woodworking equipment for your business, then the best choice would be a power-saw bench. It is an easy-to-use tool and, if desired, it can be made independently. Consider how to make a circular sawmill of simple components.
- The sawmill is different from other types of such tools. First, before making a power-saw, it is worth knowing that the basis of its construction is a circular saw.It is installed either on the spindle of the machine, or directly on the electric motor.
- If you know the scheme of the construction of such a sawmill, then you can find ready-made drawings on which to build. The most simple form, so-called. "Circular" - a table, a shaft with a circular saw, driven by the engine.
- The basis of the sawmill will be a table, which is made of metal or wooden goat, fixed board length. The top of the table will be a design with a size of 200 mm and a thickness of 4 mm, made of metal plates. Plates are bolted.
- Before attaching the top of the table, holes are made in the plates for attaching the saw.
- Holes at the base of the table should be re-bonded, and fasten with screws. The saw itself is mounted so that its position is in the middle of the construction of the plates. It is fixed through the holes in the base and plates.
- The top of the table is attached to the base with screws and an insert for the saw blade is inserted into the gap between the plates.
- The fastening of the stop bar closes.
- Such a power-saw bench will make a longitudinal cut of logs on uneven bars or veneer.
Existing types of woodworking machinery are also in a compact form, and small sizes.Mini-power-saw benches themselves are both tape, and for longitudinal sawing wood, and electric - tire. Mini-sawmill tires can make both longitudinal and diagonal cutting.
If you do not need to achieve such high-tech results, then you can make a mini power-sawmill on your own. Because as usual, the number of workers is limited, and the supply of sawn pieces on the tape greatly simplifies the work. Consider how to make a band saw from improvised means.
- Suitable for the construction of pulleys with a diameter of not more than 30 cm, usually attached to the combines. Before you make a sawmill with your own hands, you can remove these from the Niva combine, for example. It is necessary to waste them, so that after you put the belt on over it, it protrudes quite a bit.
- You do not need to carry out turning work, because For the construction of a sawmill, a half-inch pipe is required, on which a larger pipe will be worn.
- The next stage is the manufacture of rails for the filing of the log house. For this fit an iron corner, size 50 mm. It is installed with an edge upwards so that the wheels will not be erased afterwards.
- A profile tube with dimensions of 25x25 mm is suitable for the manufacture of sleepers. It is welded to a half-inch pipe, which was previously fastened with fasteners for logs. Fasteners must be movable in order for them to bend to the sides. The clamp is achieved with a precise hammer blow, which gives "self-jamming".
- They have shaped tubes so that they protrude beyond the rails. Bolts are put on these protrusions for adjustment. On the pipes themselves are added so-called. "Bridges", the distance between which is 50 cm. It is on them that the log will be located.
- The pulleys are welded to the surface of the tubes and fixed with bolts in such a way that the structure is mobile and can change its position along the guide tubes.
- The tension of the right pulley will occur with a spring. A spring from a shock absorber, such as a motorcycle, may be suitable. The left pulley, on the contrary, is fixed and can change position only by changing the size of the saw.
- The final stage - the manufacture of the frame. For this you can use a channel with a size of 1.5 m. It may not be fixed very tightly and therefore slightly change the position, but this will not affect the cut.
Sawmill of chainsaw
Also one of the very common tools is a chainsaw. It is almost everyone, and is indispensable when working with wood. It can also be improved in woodworking machinery. Consider how to make a power-saw from the chainsaw.
- For the frame are usually taken two channel size 140-180 mm in height and 8 m in length.
- Along the length of the base holes are made with a diameter of 14-16 mm at a distance of 1.5 m from one another. The distance from the ends to the extreme points of the base should be 80-100 mm.
- By the number of holes is taken the appropriate number of metal screeds. For this fit pipe sections. The tie must be 25 cm long and connected with bolts.
- Stand for the base of the sawmill is made of metal corners with dimensions 50x100mm. One of the main requirements of how to make a homemade sawmill is that the corners must be turned "sole" up.
- For a trolley, a steel plate 60 cm in size and 6 cm thick is taken. In order for the plate to be movable, a 4x4 cm corner is welded to its base, and the trolley is placed on bearings or roller wheels.
- Chainsaw itself is fixed on two metal corners, welded on top.
- For fixing the log, pipes with a diameter of 40 mm and hoses that are attached to the pipe at the desired height are used. The power-saw bench is ready for operation.
One of the highlights of working with any kind of power-saw benches is necessarily a flat place for their location. Otherwise, the logs may be incorrectly fixed, and their feeding will occur unevenly, which will affect the quality of the cut. Therefore, make sure that the place on the site designated for such work is as smooth as possible. Best of all, if you have the opportunity to fill the desired space with concrete and leveling. Then the design of the sawmill will be fixed.
Self-made sawmills can also have frequent breakdowns, so you should have a number of spare parts and understand the design of the mechanism. In this case, the tool collected by your hands will serve you as long as possible.