How to Make Eba (a Nigerian Meal)
Eba is a starchy staple food, common to all the tribes of Nigeria.It is made of processed cassava (cassava flour) and is a classic delicacy. This article describes the simple process involved in making this highly appetite-soothing dish.
Cassava flour (garri)
Purchase a reasonable quantity of cassava flour.In Nigeria, this is known as garri.
Bring some potable water to boiling point.Once the water is boiled, transfer some of it into a bowl.
As fast as you can, get the cassava flour (garri) and pour it little-by-little into the steaming water in the bowl.
Fill the bowl gradually with the flour.Fill until only a little water is left unabsorbed by the cassava flour (garri).
At this stage, use a wooden stirrer (known as an Omorogun in the Nigerian language Yoruba) to stir the contents of the bowl until you have a relatively homogeneous mix.
- Depending on the texture of Eba you want, add more water or more garri as desired to give the perfect consistency.
If you want a smoother texture and succulent manner, you can as well pound your eba like pounded yam.
Serve with Egusi, Draw, Ogbono, bitter leave or any other soup you like
The Eba is ready to be part of a beautiful meal.
QuestionWhy is my eba not soft enough?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt might be because of the type cassava, or the temperature and amount of water added.Thanks!
Can I add flavor to it?
- Adding more garri make it thicker; adding more water gives the Eba a softer texture.
- Find someone who is experienced at making Eba to guide you in the process.
- Make sure the water is boiling hot or else it won't give the desired result.
- Note that the bowl should not be more than two-thirds filled with the hot water.
- The boiling water should not be allowed to cool down at all, or you'll end up with a half-cooked, and consequently undesirable, meal.
Video: HOW TO MAKE EBA | Nigerian Food Recipes
Zucchini Chocolate Cake
Are You Lonely
Symptoms of Gout
How to Untangle Necklaces
Courtney Love to Launch A Capsule Collection for Nasty Gal
I’m with you’: Fans side with Phillip Schofield as he storms off’ This Morning set
The Best Natural Ways To Settle Your Stomach
How the Street You Live On May Harm Your Health
How to Make Life and Death Decisions for a Family MemberLoved One
Personal Trainers’ Top Tips for Working Out for the First Time
Menopause and Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
5 Bad Habits That Make Your Boobs Sag