How to make mayonnaise?
Watch the video
Homemade mayonnaise is a great substitute for shop mayonnaise. Indeed, in this product there will be no preservatives, various flavors, emulsifiers and food additives. Let's talk more about how to make mayonnaise at home.
How to make mayonnaise: a recipe
This mayonnaise consists of fresh eggs and vegetable oil. The remaining ingredients: mustard, lemon juice, salt, sugar - are added to taste. This mayonnaise more delicious and healthy.
Many housewives ask themselves: how to make mayonnaise? Make mayonnaise at home is easy. To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- vegetable oil (250 ml);
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tbsp. l lemon juice;
- 1 hl finished mustard;
- sugar and salt (to taste).
Cooking homemade mayonnaise
First of all, you will need a blender or mixer, as well as deep-bottomed dishes. It can be a glass from a blender or a deep bowl. For cooking mayonnaise, always use only fresh eggs with bright yolks. To make mayonnaise for this recipe, you must use protein and yolk. So:
- We break into the bowl eggs. Turn on the average speed mixer.Beat the eggs until smooth.
- After that, add a little vegetable oil (thin stream).
- The next portion of oil must be poured in after the previous one has been well whipped.
- Increase the mixer speed to maximum operating mode. The consistency as it is whipped will become thicker and more uniform, and it can also change its color.
- Mayonnaise should be whipped until the consistency is thick. If the mass is liquid, you need to add a little vegetable oil and beat the mixture again.
- Add salt, sugar, ready mustard and one tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar. Again, beat everything well.
Store mayonnaise homemade in the refrigerator in a closed container.
In the finished mayonnaise, you can add various seasonings. Thanks to garlic homemade mayonnaise will get a spicy taste. The sauce with this seasoning will be well combined with meat dishes.
For fish mayonnaise, seasoned with herbs, such as parsley and basil. Also, as a seasoning, you can use lemon zest or olives.
Mayonnaise Cooking Tips
If you use store eggs for making mayonnaise, the yolks of which are notvery bright, mayonnaise may turn out light. To fix this, you can add ground turmeric to the sauce. But do not overdo it with this seasoning, as it gives a rich yellow color. Mayonnaise oil is better to use refined.
All products used to make mayonnaise should be at room temperature. So they will better stray.
Now you know how to make mayonnaise at home.