How to Pray for Your Livelihood, Leaders, Wisdom, Governments and Such (Christianity)
"We know that God doesn't listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshipper of God, and does his will, he listens to him."(John 9:31, YLT)
Human hopes versus tragedies are not just stumbled upon -- but are caused by your prayer, your work, and how you handle what comes your way, in other words, your actions and reactions. Pray for the right/better results (blessed and successful) in things big and small.
Do you want to pray for yourself and others for spiritual and physical blessing? Pray for whatever the Bible says to pray, and as the Bible says to pray. Here are some scriptures of what the Bible says to pray for, or not to, how to pray, and why.
Avoid causing "unwanted results" by your behavior and actions so you can receive your desires when you pray.Be careful of what you stand for, actually do and what you cause. Be generous to God and your fellow man, and:
"6 ...he who sows generously will also reap bountifully/generously. 7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;"
Realize that God so loves the world and loves to fulfill his word.Yet, we are held to some of the consequences of our behavior -- this means simply "cause and effect", so be careful of what you cause:
- "God is not mocked whatever a man 'sows' that shall he also 'reap'."(Galatians 6:7)
Read and know about effectual, fervent prayer based on"God has said it; you can believe it; it's settled!" Not only believing but doing is part of effectual prayer:
- "...the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man [right with God] avails much"(James 5:16)is a promise in the Bible.
Get right with God:not just reforming, but be sure that you have been born again by the spirit, by grace through faith. Accept God's plan, allowing God to love others through you, putting away malice (meanness, ill will), picking up your cross daily and following Christ on your "pathway", which is set before you to walk.
"Choose the fear of the Lord...", then expect God to honor youreffectualprayers, but we are held to consequences of our bad behavior, though forgiven.
Have faith in God when you pray, and agree totally with God's Word.Expect God to honor your prayers and His Word.
Pray effectively for the following persons and things, according to the scriptures:
- Workers in the harvestfor souls. (Matthew 9:37-38)
- Conversion of the Lostto be a follower. (Isaiah 58:6, 66:8; I Tim 2:4)
- Presidents and rulers for the peace, holiness and honesty.(I Timothy 2:2)
- Maturity in the churches.(Galatians 1:2, 4:19)
- Wisdom and understanding.(Proverbs 2:2 -- 11)
- God to open the door for missionaries.(Ephesians 6:12, 6:19)
- Fullness of the Holy Spirit and His anointing for Christians .(Acts 8:15)
- The realization of Spiritual Gifts for Christians.(I Corinthians 14)
- Pastors, teachers, missionaries, and workers.(1 Thessalonians 5:25; 2 Thessalonians 3:1)
- Christians to receive wisdom.(James 1:5)
- Physical, Mental and Spiritual healing for Christians.(James 5:15)
- Power to Glorify Jesus in evangelism.(II Thessalonians 1:11-12)
- Power to overcome temptation for Christians.(Matthew 26:41, Luke 18:1)
- Petitions and any requests.(I Timothy 2:1)
Work on it:Put action, hands and feet to accomplish what God expects you to do.
Don't try to "flip" God like afixer-upperhome.Don't try to "buy" faith, prayer and results "low and sell it high" like a commodity, or mock God's ways to achieve what is wanted.
Realize why some people (though saved believers) fail to get rewards or their prayers answered:
"24 Because I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and 'no one paid attention'; 25 And you neglected all my counsel and did not want my reproof [corrections];"(Proverbs 1:24 -- 25)
- God laughs at those who fold their arms and falsely expect good results, from their "answered prayers"(God also answers, "No.").
"26 I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes, 27 When your dread comes like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you."(Proverbs 1:26 -- 27)
- "If you sow the wind, you shall reap the whirlwind;" (Hosea 8:7)
- Why the answer can be no!
God says: "28 Then they will call on me, but I willnotanswer; they will seek me diligently but they willnotfind me, 29 Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD. 30 They would not accept my counsel; they spurned all my reproof. 31 So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way and be satiated with their own devices. 32 For the waywardness of the naive will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them. 33 But he who listens to me shall live securely and will be at ease from the dread of evil."(Proverbs 1:28 -- 33)
Sources and Citations
- " ...he who sows generously will also reap bountifully/generously... "
- God is not mocked,...
Video: More than 500 religious leaders pray for rains, peace in Pokot
6 Amazing Benefits Of Elemi Essential Oil
How Social Networking Can Save You Money
How to Find Personal Hobbies As a Parent
Jessie J Hairstyles
HGTV star Scott McGillivray explains how to avoid transaction fees
Outfits with Mom Jeans–25 Chic Ideas How to wear Mom Jeans
Below are 46 of the Best Purple Hairstyles
8 STD Symptoms You Never Want To Ignore
MS Inc.: The Myth About Multiple Sclerosis and Mercury
How to Treat Girls and Women