How to Prevent and Reverse Hair Loss
A major factor in preventing hair loss starts with your diet. Our hair is a bi-product of our bodies and is mostly made up of protein and long chains of amino acids and peptide bonds. To properly feed these structures, a healthy, well-rounded diet is required.
Staying away from unhealthy and processed foods is a great foundation, but adding extra nutrients to encourage healthy hair growth will give you the best results. Below is a list of hair healthy foods and nutrients.
- Protein: Our hair is made up of 90% protein, so it is essential that we incorporate it into our diet. When we think protein, you don't always have to go for the animal variety. Leafy, green spinach has plenty of plant protein that will also do the trick.
- Add Iron and Zinc: Iron is responsible for the transmitting oxygen to your hair follicles. It also helps your body use protein to grow and build strong hair. Zinc aids the body in repairing and growing hair and it keeps the oil glands of the hair working properly. You can take a zinc supplement, but natural sources such as peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, and chickpeas are even better.
- Don't Cut Out Healthy Fats: Adding healthy fats to your diet is extremely important for hair growth. Fat helps the body assimilate vitamins that are essential for healthy hair. Focus on eating unsaturated fats like Omega 3's.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is used by the body to build collagen which is essential for producing new hair cells. If you are deficient in vitamin C it can cause the hair to become weak and prone to breakage.
- Biotin and B Vitamins: Scientists aren't quite sure how it works, but taking certain B vitamin supplements, like biotin, have been shown to increase hair growth. The magic number seems to be around 5000 mcg and should be taken daily to see the best results. I have clients that have seen several inches of growth in a month (compared to the half inch per month average) when taking biotin supplements.
- Silica: Silica is one of the most essential nutrients for the hair and skin. Silica helps the hair to retain its elasticity and also repairs damaged hair and follicles.
Video: 5 Foods That Reverse Hair Loss in No Time – Must Try These Things
Elisabeth Moss is not here for your Scientology and The Handmaids Tale comparisons
How to Make a Scrolling Marquee in HTML
The Bring Sally Up challenge
No One Has Actually Seen Any of the Oscar-Nominated Films:Poll
New Ways to Wear Suits
Safety precautions during Diwali
Use This Genius Trick To Pick A Ripe Peach Every Time
How to Date a Divorced Man With Kids
Show-stopping Macaroon Tier Cake Recipe
How to Decorate the Bride and Groom Table
The Surprising Ways That Breakfast Affects Your Skin
The Benefits of Keeping a Food Journal
Khloe Kardashian just shared the first photo of baby True (sort of)
Rebrilliant 52W Closet System REBR1539