How to read and memorize?
It is known that reading is a very useful exercise, which not only develops the imagination, but also improves memory. It also helps to focus better on a particular case. In addition, medicine has shown that reading reduces the likelihood of developing Alzheimer's disease. In this article we will look at how you can read in such a way as to read as quickly as possible and at the same time remember as much of what you read. Simply put, let's answer the question of how to read and at the same time memorize.
Here are a few recommendations that will help everyone read faster and memorize what they read better.
What is the best way to memorize what you read
- Tell me about it. This method is very popular. Telling someone about what you read, you stimulate your memory. This way you can improve the reading and memorization skills of the read information. If you can not tell the story to your interlocutor, tell it in front of a mirror or record your story on camera.
- Do not read out loud.To some, this recommendation may seem strange, but when you read the text out loud, you involuntarily spend more time reading. In addition, scientists have proven that reading out loud does not contribute to better memorization of the material read, but rather distracts.
- Record read material. This can be either a brief summary or retelling of the read. In this case, you use motor skills, as well as brain centers, which help to better remember the material.
- Try to read in the morning. It is known that when reading in the morning, a person remembers much more from the material read than in the evening. Moreover, many people cannot remember the material that was read in the evening. That is why students are recommended to prepare for exams before lunch, while preparation in the evening remains ineffective.
- Read with comfort. When you read, make sure that nothing bothers you. Take a comfortable position and read the material continuously for 15-20 minutes, then take a break, it also does not hurt to do a warm-up. After you can go back to reading.
- Discuss read. You can discuss the read material with another person or with yourself. Often this method helps to memorize what was read much better than the same retelling.
How to read faster
And finally, some tips on how to read faster:
- Focus well.
- Do not go back to the already read.
- Start reading sentences from the third word. It is proved that this method allows you to read material 25 percent faster.