How to remove the processor?
Probably, many of us argued over the question: what is the main thing in a computer? Some said that it was a hard disk, because all information was saved on it, others said about RAM, without which we could not manage the files stored on the hard disk. But the answer is very simple and lies on the surface. The most important thing in a computer is, of course, its processor. Using the operation of this unit, we synchronize all installed devices on the computer, and their proper operation depends entirely on the state of the processor. Sooner or later, there comes a time when the processor dies out of its allotted time, and it is time to replace the computer’s “brain” with a more advanced one.
To know how to remove the processor, you need to carefully read our mini-instruction:
- First of all, we need to disconnect the system block from the network. Do not forget: you need not just turn off the computer, but disconnect it from the network by pulling the power cord out of the socket.
- Next you need to remove the side cover of the case.
- Disconnect the wires going to the processor.These are power wires.
- Before, you must first examine its structure. Usually, the method of attachment are clamping levers, which are located on opposite sides. By clicking on these levers, we move them away from each other and release the design from the processor. The processor itself also has a small pressure lever. We take it and remove the processor.
- Do not forget that if the processor is correctly positioned relative to its place (socket), it should easily fall there. Next, secure it with a lever.
- Do not forget that before installing the cooler, thermal paste must be placed on the surface of the processor, which prevents it from overheating.
How to remove the radiator?
The radiator is designed to dissipate the heat that the processor emits. They also lose their properties and require replacement. To find out how to remove the radiator from the processor, you must first set the type of its mounting, and they are:
- on caps or snaps (in most cases);
- using clamping bracket;
- on hot melt (found on cheap devices).
If the radiator on the caps, then remove it easily. You need access to the back side of the board, there you squeeze the mustache of the piston and click on it, you release it and do this operation with all the latches.Next, remove the radiator and change or change the thermal grease. If the heatsink is clamped, you will need a screwdriver. The main task is to bend the bracket from the hole of the fastener. This operation requires physical strength, watch carefully, do not damage the device with a screwdriver that can come off. Removing the radiator from the glue is a very complicated operation, because it can damage both the board and the processor. The only way out is to heat the glue. However, this should be done carefully, since high heat can be fatal to the chipset.
Removing the fan from the processor
Dust - is the enemy of the computer, especially the fans suffer from it. Fans in the computer, as a rule, three. One is in the power supply, the second is on the video card. The third is a fan on the processor, which is clogged with dust and badly cools it, which is then displayed on the computer.
First you need to determine the type of attachment. There are two types: screws and latches. If it is a screw, then carefully unscrew it with a screwdriver and remove. When fastening in the form of a latch, you just need to delay the two levers and remove the fan. So you learned how to remove the fan from the processor and the processor itself.