How to set up a TV antenna?
Indoors, radio waves propagate in a completely different way than in open space. As a result, the interference of the magnetic field in the room is more pronounced. That is why setting up a room antenna is quite time-consuming and troublesome. And before you set up a conventional antenna, you will have to fulfill some necessary requirements and perform some manipulations.
Tuning the antenna
- The first thing you need to install an indoor antenna close to the TV is better right on its body. It is advisable to place the antenna near the window or balcony. The ideal option would be if the windows go just in the direction of the tower repeater.
- If this image is not improved, then try on - move the antenna around the room, you may be able to find its optimal location, at which the TV will give the best image. Carry the antenna slowly, carefully watching the change in the quality of the image on the screen not only horizontally but also up and down.It is necessary to remember or write down in which antenna position, and in which point of the room the image quality was the best.
- Then you need to gradually push the MV telescopic vibrators or, as people call them, the antenna "whiskers" for a length at which a good image is obtained on the screen. It should be noted that, depending on the channels, the length of the “whiskers” is often different. You need to choose the appropriate angle of divergence between the "mustache", while achieving the best image quality of the channels as a whole, so that later you don’t have to make adjustments each time they switch.
Tuning the antenna for the UHF channels
- Asking how to set up a TV antenna for the UHF channels, you can try to move the entire antenna body in a horizontal plane until a satisfactory image appears on the TV screen. If the indoor antenna is equipped with a gain control, then you should choose the position of the regulator at which the image will be the best.
- It is necessary to change the position of the antenna in the room when switching from one channel to another. In addition, to further adjust the image, you can adjust the position of the "whiskers", the angle between them and their output.If necessary, you can use the gain control gain. You should also not forget that for active antennas you will need to turn on the power supply unit in the network, then the LED on its case should light up.
If you can not tune the antenna
Sometimes, so that you do not do the image quality, it turns out unsatisfactory. In this case, you should think about purchasing an outdoor antenna, but in some cases the antenna may not be the case. In order to find out, you can ask the neighbor for his indoor antenna, and if it shows well, you will need to purchase a new one. Now you know how to set up the antenna on your TV, and you will enjoy a good image on your screen.