How to store honeycombs?
It's no secret that honey is an incredibly useful product. Each of us saw jars of honey on store shelves. However, few people know that honey can be stored not only in its pure form - as a viscous mass, but also in the cells themselves. At the same time, honeycombs are also incredibly useful. What is useful honeycombs and how to store them?
Use of honeycombs
Honeycombs contain wax and propolis in their composition - a storehouse of useful substances. Honey comb is one hundred percent natural product. It is not subjected to any treatment, so its healing properties are preserved to a greater extent. Honey comb:
- restores respiratory tract mucosa;
- is an anti-allergen;
- relieves feverish symptom;
- contains vitamins and natural antibiotics;
- has the properties of a sorbent - that is, it binds and removes toxins from the body;
- contains carbohydrates, amino acids and other elements that contribute to the energy mood and vigor;
- honey comb - a sterile product and can be used in the treatment of eye diseases - in the form diluted with water;
- destroys harmful bacteria in the body.
Honey storage in honeycombs
Honey comb is delivered to the consumer unchanged. Honeycombs are taken from the hive and cut into small pieces. After that, the question naturally arises - what to do next? Basic rules for storage:
- It is necessary to find a clean, preferably sterile glass or enameled glassware. This is an important rule, since it is precisely the purity of the tank that ensures the absence of the fermentation process.
- Honey has an increased ability to absorb surrounding odors and toxins. Therefore, it is necessary to protect it as much as possible from strongly smelling products and toxic materials.
- At home, honey in honeycombs is best kept at a low temperature — in a refrigerator, since when exposed to heat, beneficial substances tend to break down.
- Honeycombs are best cut into small pieces and pack in a jar or bowl. After that, a container of honey must be put in a dark place, as the sunlight also has a detrimental effect on the safety of useful substances.
Eating such honey is useful with honeycombs, they can be swallowed in a small amount.