How to take delivery?
To give birth alone is a huge risk, both for yourself and for the child. If the whole pregnancy passed without unpleasant surprises, you can boast excellent health and the baby’s well-being does not cause concern, you should postpone any travels and start a “home” lifestyle no later than the 36th week of pregnancy, and better a little earlier.
Your movements for a month or two before the expected date should be limited, provided that:
- if any of the relatives had cases of premature birth;
- you are very young (you are under 20) or you are already over thirty (this age also complicates pregnancy and childbirth);
- at least once there was a threat of miscarriage or other complications;
- Do you have any chronic diseases;
- This is not the first birth.
Unfortunately, no precautions can insure you against sudden and swift birth. Therefore, information on how to accept childbirth does not hurt anyone.
Actions during childbirth
If you feel that the process of the emergence of a new life has already started, remember the following recommendations:
- First of all, call an ambulance.If it is within reach, they will come for you, no - they will help with advice. Then try to find yourself an assistant. Ask for help to passersby, a neighbor, call a friend who lives nearby. In general, try to do everything not to be left alone.
- While you can still move, try to prepare the following things:
- a few clean diapers, sheets or towels;
- alcohol or other disinfectant;
- boiled or just pure water;
- bandage, cotton;
- two strong threads;
- Keep calm, it can save life and health for you and your baby. Pour alcohol into a cup / cup and lower the threads and scissors into the container. If you have time and energy, pour boiling water over them - this will be a justifiable step, and in a less critical situation - just necessary.
- A child will not always give time for preliminary training, so be ready at any time to strip to the waist or completely. If you lay something clean (towel, sheet, diaper) under you, take a reclining position, leaning back against any hard surface, bend your legs at the knees, put a towel, sheet, diapers under the buttocks.They should be elevated above the ground.
- If you have not yet given birth, use free time to wash your hands, preferably with soap, and treat them with alcohol. Try to wash your crotch with clean water and treat iodine with your hips. The movement must be from the labia to the outside.
- During fights it is very important not to forget to control your breathing: for each voyage you need to take three very deep breaths and forced expirations through your mouth, and during breaks - breathe naturally, relax. Massage your lower back, pelvic bones - it will slightly reduce the pain.
- The baby was born. Now he needs to pay a little attention. Clean the mouth and nose of mucus with your finger and stimulate its first breath by massaging your back and chest with your fingers, you can lightly pat on the back and the soles.
- Dry the newborn with a towel or any clean cloth. Be sure to wrap it up, because the child's thermoregulation is very poorly developed, which is why it can easily overcool.
- With the cutting of the umbilical cord, you can not rush if you can wait for the doctors, especially if you do not have conditionally sterile scissors and threads.Doctors will make it more qualified. But in the case when you still decided to do it yourself, wait until the umbilical cord stops pulsing. Next, you need to retreat from the baby’s tummy 10 cm and firmly tie up the umbilical cord, after 10 cm - do it again and cut it between the two nodes. Screw the edges of the umbilical cord with iodine.
- Check the placental secretion, it usually leaves 5-20 minutes after the birth of the baby. To do this, you again have to push, even if you do not want. In no case do not pull the cord to speed up the process. It is highly likely that you will trigger bleeding.
- Even if the birth in your opinion went well, you and your child need to be examined by specialists. Postpartum complications can significantly undermine health and even cut short the lives of both of you. Not to mention the possible infertility.