How to take valerian?
Valerian is a sedative of plant origin. Valerian extract is included in it, as well as some chemical auxiliaries. The features of this sedative are:
- the onset of a not very fast sedative effect, but stable over time;
- analgesic, non-irritating effect on the walls of the digestive tract.
When and how to take valerian correctly?
Indications for use
- nervous excitement
- sleep disorders, particularly insomnia
- minor disorders in the functioning of the gastrointestinal system and the cardiovascular system
Methods of taking the drug
How to take Valerian tablets to improve? To do this, drink 1 pill 2-3 times a day. This should be done before meals. Note that the pills do not have such a pronounced smell, like tincture, but dissolve somewhat more slowly.The duration of the course is assigned individually by the attending physician.
In the form of tincture
Is taken orally, dissolved in a small amount of water.
Adults - 20-30 drops per reception 3-4 times a day. Children are prescribed at one time as many drops as a child’s age.
- hypersensitivity to the drug
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding
When taking a course of valerian drowsiness, loss of attention, lethargy can be observed. From the gastrointestinal tract possible constipation. And with a long course - allergic reactions.