How to Unlock a ZTE Phone
This wikiHow teaches you how to carrier unlock your ZTE Android phone so that you can use other carriers' networks. You can unlock your phone through your carrier or by paying for a third-party service to send you an unlock code.
Find out your carrier's policy on unlocking phones.Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile have different criteria--though in most cases, you must own the phone. Specific carrier criteria include the following:
- Verizondoesn't place a lock on most of their devices. If for some reason there is a lock, you can usually request an unlock as early as six months into the contract.
- Sprintwill unlock your device for you if it has both been on the Sprint network for at least 50 days and been purchased in full.
- AT&Trequires you to . If your device is eligible for an unlock, AT&T will let you know within five business days.
- T-Mobilewill unlock your phone for you if you've paid the phone off and the phone has been on a T-Mobile network for at least 40 days.
Make sure your carrier will unlock your phone.Even if your contract looks like it specifies that they must unlock your phone, calling ahead will ensure that you don't waste a trip.
- Your carrier has a legal obligation to unlock your phone for you if you have entirely paid off your phone.
- Some carrier branches won't have the means to unlock your phone, in which case you'll have to visit a corporate branch.
Purchase a SIM card for your preferred network.You can do so from online or from the network's carrier store. Having the SIM card on hand will allow you to install it directly after unlocking your phone.
- Skip this step if you aren't planning on switching to a new network immediately after unlocking.
- You'll need to make sure that your selected network is compatible with your phone's data network (CDMA, GSM, or LTE) before purchasing the SIM card. Your carrier can verify this information for you.
Gather the information your carrier needs to unlock your phone.In order to make your carrier's job easier, make sure that you know the following information before going into the store:
- IMEI number- Your Android's ID number. You can find this by dialing *#06#.
- Account holder information- This includes the account holder's first and last name and the last four digits of their social security number.
- Device phone number- Your phone's official phone number and area code.
Visit your service provider's store.While it's possible to perform the unlocking process over the phone, the process will be much less frustrating if performed in-person.
- If you must call your carrier, make sure you write down any information with which they provide you.
Ask your carrier to install the SIM card you purchased earlier.If they refuse or you don't want to install your SIM card right now, you can install it later by opening the SIM tray with a paperclip, removing the old SIM card (if there was one) and sliding the new one in.
- If you're simply unlocking the phone for now, proceed to the next step.
Enter the code your carrier gives to you when prompted.You'll do this after installing a different SIM card and rebooting your device. Your carrier may also just enter this for you if they've agreed to install the SIM.
- Asking your carrier to install your SIM card and complete the unlock process for you may result in extra fees.
- Until you replace the SIM card, you won't be able to enter the unlock code.
Via Third-Party Service
Find an unlock service.There are plenty of companies that will sell you stock unlock codes for your phone.
- "Unlock Radar" is one such service that has generally positive reviews.
Research the company.Research the company as thoroughly as possible by looking for user reviews, forum posts, and any other indication that the company is reputable and not a scam
- Never enter your phone or payment information on a website that doesn't start with "HTTPS", sites without the "HTTPS" prefix are not secure.
- Apps that claim to unlock your phone are scams. Don't download unlocking software onto your phone.
Open the service's page.Once you decide on a service, you're free to proceed with acquiring an unlock code.
Retrieve your ZTE phone's IMEI code.To find your phone's IMEI code:
- Dial *#06# and your IMEI code will be displayed.
- You can also open your Android's Settings, tapAbout Phone, tapStatus, and look for the "IMEI" heading. Make sure you're looking at the number below "IMEI" and not "IMEI SV", etc.
Enter your phone's IMEI code.Enter your phone's IMEI code into the "IMEI" field when prompted.
- Some unlock services will require you to enter your phone's model (e.g., "ZTE Axon") as well.
Pay for the service.Enter your payment information when prompted. Using services like PayPal are a good idea when available because they provide a degree of separation between the IMEI unlocking service and your bank information.
Purchase and install a SIM card.This must be a supported card; if needed, you can call your carrier to confirm that the selected card will work in your phone.
Enter your unlock code when prompted.You'll see the code field pop up when you reboot your phone after installing your SIM card. Doing so will unlock the SIM slot and allow you to use the SIM carrier's network.
QuestionHow do I unlock my ZTE phone if I have forgotten the pattern I chose to lock it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf your phone is hooked up to your Google account, then it should give you the option to unlock your phone with that. Then, change your passcode.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I unlock a ZTE with a PIN code?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf it's a friend's phone, try date of birth.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I unlock a phone with a pattern?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPress the + and - button at the some time as you press the power button.Thanks!
QuestionWhere can I get a sim card from a cricket phone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGo to the little house overlooking the farm, then find the words that say "sim card."Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get it unlocked without the Google account?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou need a Google account, as it is an Android smartphone. If you don't have one, you can create one free of charge.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I unlock an Android tablet that has a finger-drawn screen lock on it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou swipe your fingers across the screen in the design of the passcode you selected when purchasing the tablet. if you don't have a swipe passcode yet, you can enable that in Settings > Security.Thanks!
How do I unlock an AT&T prepaid Z.T.E. phone (model Z835) which is already associated with a Google account?
How can I unlock my ZTE Z831 from AT&T to Straight Talk for free?
How do I unlock a new ZTE phone if I lose instructions?
How do I unlock my ZTE mobile phone when the network is locked?
How do I unlock the first screen of my phone when it is turned on?
Video: How to unlock ANY ZTE Phone - Easy ZTE unlocking - Use any carrier !
These Glow-In-The-Dark Street Art Murals Reveal A Surprise At Night
Can Hepatitis C Be Cured
The Fastest Fast Food Restaurants—Revealed
BMW-i Is The Future Of Sheer Driving Pleasure
Knee Pain Plagues Many Women Over 50
5 Scary Drug Combinations You Probably Wouldnt Think Twice About Taking
From Headbutting to Hospitalization: The 6 Most Punk Rock Moments From The MetGala
How to Mentally Prepare Yourself for School
Men’s Accutime Leather Strap Watch
Double-Breasted Suits: The Ultimate Guide To Tailorings Best-Kept Secret
How to Make a Onesie Bouquet
I Banned The Snooze Button For A Week, And This Is What Happened