Can I eat fruit while losing weight?
The diet in any case is associated with restrictions and involves the rejection of certain products. Is it possible to eat fruit while losing weight? And how do they affect the weight loss process? Let's find out!
Are fruits useful for losing weight?
Fruits for weight loss can not be excluded from the diet, as they are useful and in some cases even contribute to weight loss. There are several reasons for this:
- Many fruits are low-calorie, which allows you to adhere to the daily intake of kilocalories and not to exceed the allowable amount. But it is worth remembering that the calorie content of the product - not the only indicator that affects the weight of a person, there are several others.
- Virtually all fresh fruit contains fiber, which normalizes digestion and stimulates intestinal peristalsis. Thus, the risks of constipation are reduced, and they are an urgent problem for many people who are losing weight and diets. In addition, fiber removes toxins and wastes from the body, which can affect body weight and increase it.
- Juicy fruits have a mild diuretic effect and remove excess fluid from the body.And if we take into account that the edema localized in different parts of the body is an extra 2-3 kilograms, then the weight will decrease, and the body will look more slender.
- In fruits, there are carbohydrates that charge the body with energy used to ensure the normal functioning of the body and the functioning of important systems. And still carbohydrates are spent for work of muscles and brain activity, therefore it is not necessary to exclude their use completely or strongly reduce it, it is fraught with unpleasant consequences.
- Dietary fiber contained in most of the available fruits, getting into the stomach, swells in it, fills the free volume and, thus, quenches the hunger, creates a feeling of satiety for several hours and helps control the appetite.
Why when losing weight some fruits are not recommended, and the rest is often limited? There are several pitfalls. The first is carbohydrates. There are a lot of fruits in them, and sweet ones contain significant volumes, a certain proportion of which are simple. They are consumed quickly, causing a sharp rise in the level of sugar, followed by the same rapid decrease and, consequently, a feeling of hunger.In addition, if there are a lot of carbohydrates, then the part that is not consumed can go “to the reserve” and be deposited as fat in problem areas.
The second pitfall is a low protein content. In most fruits, it is very small, and in fact such a substance is necessary for full-fledged work and nutrition of muscles, as well as for the formation of new cells. Therefore, it is impossible to eat only apples, oranges, grapefruits and their other "relatives", since they will not provide the body with all the nutrients it needs.
The third underwater stone is the acids that are found in many fruits and, getting into the stomach, stimulate the production of digestive juice. That is why some products in this category increase appetite. In addition, acids can irritate the mucous membranes of the digestive organs, so they are contraindicated in ulcers and gastritis.
How to properly and without damage to the shape and health of eating fruit while losing weight? Follow a few simple guidelines:
- Do not think that you can eat as many fruits as you want.Of course, you probably do not harm your health (although this is possible), but the figure will definitely suffer. Therefore, the day is limited to 300-500 g of such products. But there are various fruit diets, subject to which the norms may increase.
- Many are interested in what time is better to eat fruit for weight loss. Since many of them contain carbohydrates, try to eat them in the morning or before 16:00.
- You can eat one fruit ten to fifteen minutes before the main meal in order to reduce the volume of servings and improve digestion. Another way to eat is snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and afternoon tea. In addition, a portion of the fruit can be turned into a healthy dessert, but without supplementing it with additives in the form of sugar, jam or heavy cream.
- Do not combine in a single meal of representatives of different families, as they do not combine well, can overload the digestive tract and provoke indigestion, manifested in the form of flatulence, belching, bloating, abdominal pain. For example, one should not eat pome seeds (apples, pears, quince) or stone fruits (plums, peaches, apricots) simultaneously with citrus fruits.
- Fruits should be useful and easily digestible, so give preference to seasonal and local, that is, growing in your region and at this time of year. Exotic species can also be eaten, but you should trust the known suppliers.
- You can not eat only fruit! Protein products and even fats should certainly be present in the diet, but they are correct, namely vegetable and contained in red sea fish.
What fruits contribute to weight loss, and which - no?
There are fruits that help reduce and control weight. The most effective among them is:
- Grapefruits contain significant amounts of fiber, as well as enzymes that contribute to better digestion of all food components and the breakdown of fats.
- Kiwi also improve digestion, relieve constipation and help to burn fats more actively.
- Pineapples contain enzymes that accelerate the burning of body fat and normalize metabolism, which contributes to proper weight loss.
- Apples, first of all, are available at any time of the year and are relatively inexpensive. They also contain fiber, satisfy hunger and contain very few kilocalories.Well, and, of course, apples - it's delicious.
You can also include in the diet plums, pears, apricots, pomelo, oranges, peaches, gooseberries, nectarines.
If you want to lose weight, then reduce the use of starchy fruits and having a high glycemic index, which characterizes the speed of assimilation of carbohydrates and an increase in sugar levels. These include grapes, bananas, dates, figs, watermelon, persimmon, mango, melon.
Eating fruits while losing weight is not only possible but necessary. And now you know how and when to do it right.