Manty in a slow cooker - a tasty and nutritious dish
Manty is quite a popular and favorite dish. It is easy to prepare them, and you can use a modern device for this, which today many people have - a slow cooker.
A bit of history
Manty is a traditional dish of the peoples of Asia, which is especially popular in Korea, Mongolia, Bashkortostan, Uzbekistan and some other countries. They look like dumplings, but usually larger and spicy. Chopped meat and onions are most often used as a filling. The dough is unleavened, unleavened. Cook manty in special saucepans-mantovarkah, and certainly steamed.
How to cook?
So, how to cook manti in a slow cooker? The process can be divided into several stages.
Dough is a very important component of the dish, because not only the taste of manti depends on it, but also their integrity.
List of ingredients:
- two glasses of flour;
- one egg;
- 150 ml of water;
- a teaspoon of salt.
Preparation of the dough:
- The flour needs to be sifted with salt.Make it necessary, then the dough will turn out elastic and get the right consistency.
- Next, pour the flour either directly on the table or on the board or in a wide container. In the middle of the hill make a depression.
- Heat the water a little so that it is warm. Pour it into the hole, break the egg there.
- Now start kneading the dough. Gradually move the flour to the middle, while mixing it with liquid ingredients. The result should be quite a dense, but elastic mass.
- Cover the dough with food film or put it in a bag and give it a little “rest” (at least half an hour).
The filling should be juicy, and it is achieved not only at the expense of fat, but also with the help of onions.
For cooking, you will need the following ingredients:
- 400-500 grams of fresh meat (you can use beef or pork, but the ideal option would be lamb);
- about 150 grams of fat;
- 2-3 rather large onions;
- pinch of jeera;
- a pinch of ground red pepper;
- salt to taste
- Wash the meat and finely chop with a knife.
- Peel the onions and finely shred.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped meat and onions, add salt and seasoning.
Making manti is pretty simple.The dough should be rolled into a layer about 4-5 millimeters thick. Next, it should be cut into circles. It is most convenient to use a glass for these purposes. Then take a rolling pin and roll each circle a little more, so that its thickness is about 2-3 millimeters, and the diameter is 8-10 centimeters.
Take the first circle. In its center, place two teaspoons of filling. Manti form can be different. The easiest way is to make a certain bag, simply by connecting all the edges of the upper part and fastening them together. You can also connect first the upper and lower parts, and then the left and right sides.
You need to turn on the slow cooker by selecting the “Steaming” mode. Fill the bowl with water, put the container on top and put the manty in it. The timer should be set to about 40 minutes, during which time the dough will evaporate well, but it will not fall apart, and the filling will become soft and juicy.
Recommendations for hostesses:
- The ingredients used to make the filling should be finely cut with a knife, and not passed through a meat grinder, since their taste should be clearly felt in mantias. The knife must be very sharp.But you can replace it with a blender or food processor. In any case, make sure that the pieces do not get too small.
- To conveniently cut the meat, it can be pre-put in the freezer for at least half an hour.
- The filling should be greasy, it is very important. If you do not want to add fat to it, then simply use lamb or pork. Adding butter is also acceptable. Vegetable is not suitable.
- If the dough turns out too dense and stiff, you can add water. If, on the contrary, it is excessively soft, then add flour.
- When rolling the dough, sprinkle it with flour so that it does not stick to the rolling pin.
- It is advisable to lubricate the lower parts of the coats before loading into the slow cooker with butter or vegetable oil so that they do not stick to the container. But you can lubricate the bowl itself.
- The above recipe for the filling is not the only one. Meat is quite possible to replace potatoes. To do this, also chop it with a knife, mix it with chopped onion, fat or oil and seasonings. If you use oil, you get some lean option. You can also use mushrooms, fish and other products.
- It is not necessary to roll the dough very thin, otherwise it will just break in the cooking process.
- The more bows will be in mantahs, the more succulent they will be, so do not regret it.
- Serve manti best warm and freshly cooked, and preferably with a sauce based on tomatoes.