Pumpkin Caviar Recipe
Pumpkin can be used in many different ways. One of them is the preparation of tender and healthy eggs. Learn how to do it.
How to cook homemade caviar from pumpkin? Below are a few simple ways.
Method number 1
Such home-made caviar will turn out tasty and tender. For its preparation will require the following products:
- kilogram of pumpkin;
- onion head;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- a pair of carrots (one big);
- several bunches of dill;
- half a small lemon;
- three tbsp. l. tomato paste;
- 150-200 ml of oil;
- 1.5 Art. l. Sahara;
- 1.5 tsp. salts;
- third tsp black pepper.
- Pumpkin needs to be washed and wiped well. Next, cut it in half and spoon out of the middle, take out all the seeds together with the soft part (do not touch the hard part). Then remove the skin and grate the pumpkin on a large grater or, for example, skip through a meat grinder.
- The onion should be cleaned and chopped as small as possible. Carrot after thoroughly washing and cleaning rub. Garlic, too, peel and pass through the press.
- Take a pan and pour half of your oil into it. First, for three to five minutes until soft, fry the carrots with onions. Then add the pumpkin, fry it all together for five to seven minutes.
- Next, add tomato paste and the remaining oil, cover the container with a lid and simmer all ingredients for about twenty minutes.
- Chop the dill and, five to seven minutes before the caviar is ready, add it to the rest of the ingredients along with the minced garlic. At the same time, you can add sugar, salt and black pepper. Almost at the end, pour in and squeezed lemon juice: it will add a slight sourness and piquancy.
- Either grind ready-made caviar in a blender or skip through a meat grinder to achieve a delicate and uniform consistency.
- Tasty caviar is ready!
Method number 2
You can cook caviar and close it for the winter. Here's what you need for this:
- one and a half kilograms of pumpkin;
- five st. l. tomato paste or one tomato;
- Bulgarian pepper;
- three cloves of garlic;
- 3 or 4 tbsp. l. vegetable oil;
- to taste black pepper, salt.
- After washing, clean the pumpkin from peel, pulp and seeds, cut into small cubes. Onions should be peeled and shredded.Pepper free from the core and seeds, cut into strips. With a tomato, remove the peel, pouring boiling water over it, chop the vegetable. Garlic must also be cleaned and chopped.
- Heat oil in a roasting pan or other similar container. First, fry the onions with carrots so that they become soft and acquire a light ruddy. Next, lay out the pumpkin with pepper, fry for five minutes.
- Close the container with a lid, simmer the vegetables for about twenty minutes.
- Enter tomato or pasta and garlic. After five minutes, add pepper and salt, simmer still about five minutes under the lid and turn off the heat.
- To make such pumpkin caviar tender, scroll through it in a meat grinder. Next, spread the mass over the sterilized jars and roll them up.
Method number 3
This recipe is very simple. You will need these ingredients:
- 900-1000 g of pumpkin;
- two onions;
- three tomatoes;
- half a lemon;
- half a glass of water;
- hl salts;
- three to five art. l. vegetable oil.
- Pumpkin after peeling, rind and seeds should be grated on a medium grater.
- Tomato, rinsed with boiling water or immersed in hot water for a minute, brush and chop to get puree.
- Onions need to be finely peeled after peeling.Peel the garlic, chop it in any way you like.
- In a skillet, warm the oil well, fry the onion until barely noticeable golden. Then put the pumpkin and fry the vegetables for five minutes.
- Then, under the lid, extinguish the ingredients to make them soft enough. Put tomato puree in griddle with crushed garlic, stir everything, simmer for about five minutes.
- At the end, put the salt and pour in the squeezed juice from the lemon, and after a minute turn off the heat.
- If desired, caviar can be pureed. It is served as a side dish or with bread.
Be sure to try to cook pumpkin caviar in one of the proposed recipes.