Secrets of cooking exquisite milfea
If you like different desserts, but are content with only ordinary cookies and cakes, then it's time to change the situation! Start cooking and trying more unusual dishes, such as the delicious "Milphia"!
What is this dish?
"Milphia" is a French cake, which is very similar to the "Napoleon" already familiar to almost everyone. In general, the name of such a dish is translated from French as “a thousand leaves” and means that it consists of several layers of puff pastry (usually unleavened) and a filling.
And although by this word many mean exactly dessert, the concept also covers various snacks, consisting of layers of dough and various ingredients.
How to cook?
The recipe for making a delicious “Milfeya” cannot be called very simple, but the beginning mistress will be able to deal with it, if she masters some subtleties. We offer several interesting options.
Option number 1
Try to cook a delicious "Milphia" with berries and cream.
Here is what you need:
For the test:
- 400 grams of butter (preferably not to replace it with margarine or spread);
- 3.5 cups of flour;
- 2 eggs;
- ¾ cup of water;
- 1/3 teaspoon of vinegar (or lemon juice);
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt.
- 400 grams of berries;
- 200 grams of creamy cream;
- 1 glass of powdered sugar.
- First, do the test. Sift the flour so that the dough is stratified and airy. But first, sift three glasses, leave the rest, it will be needed a little later. Now make a well in the flour hill, break eggs into it, pour in water (it should be cold), add salt and vinegar. Knead the rather thick dough and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Next, soften the oil (do not drown, but simply remove it from the refrigerator beforehand and leave it in a warm place so that it becomes soft). Mix it with the remaining flour.
- Roll the dough into a layer, put an oily-flour lump in the center, wrap it with the edges of the dough, connecting them approximately in the middle. Then fold the edges again from the other sides. Roll out the dough and repeat the folding. Remove the layer in a cold place for half an hour.
- Repeat the wrapping and rolling again and again send the dough to the refrigerator for half an hour. Repeat the procedure two more times, and then the dough will be completely ready for use.It can also be stored in the freezer.
- Now roll out the dough and divide it into several layers of the same size (can be divided by shape or cut with a knife).
- Place the layers on a parchment made with oil (soak it in butter) on a baking sheet and send to a temperature of 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Now make the filling. First, whip the cream with powdered sugar to form an airy cream. As soon as a strong foam begins to form, stop the beating, otherwise you will receive oil.
- Wash berries and cut.
- Place the first layer of dough, spread it with butter cream, put berries on top. Put a second layer, then cream and berries. Lay the cake layers until all the ingredients run out. The last should be the dough, it can be decorated with powdered sugar or cream.
Make a terrific Milfey cake with chocolate and apples.
List of ingredients:
- about 300 grams of puff pastry (you can use cooked according to the previous recipe or ready, bought in the store);
- 150 grams of dark chocolate;
- 1 tablespoon of rum or brandy;
- 2 medium sized apples;
- 3 teaspoons butter;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- So, take the finished dough, divide it into equal parts and bake in the oven until golden brown.
- Now tackle the filling. Chocolate should be melted in a water bath and mixed with rum.
- Next, apples. Clean them, remove the cores. Cut each fruit into small cubes. In a saucepan or frying pan with a thick bottom and high walls, melt the butter, add sugar to it. Fry the apples in this mixture so that they become soft and lightly seasoned.
- Proceed to the formation of the dessert. Lay the first layer of baked puff pastry, pour it slightly cooled, but still with liquid chocolate, then put some apples. Continue laying, so that the last layer is a layer of dough filled with a thin layer of chocolate.
- Stunning exquisite dessert is ready!
Option number 3
This option is no less interesting than the rest!
Here's what you need to prepare:
- 200 grams of puff pastry;
- teaspoon gelatin;
- 125 grams of mascarpone cheese;
- 2 teaspoons of dark rum;
- 6 tablespoons of water;
- 125 grams of cream;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 5 yolks of chicken eggs;
- 50 grams of fresh strawberries (can be replaced with other berries);
- icing sugar for decoration.
- First, soak in cool water (take three tablespoons) of gelatin for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into layers and send to bake at 200 degrees for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Now prepare the syrup. To do this, pour sugar with three tablespoons of water and melt over low heat. Beat yolks with a mixer until foamy. Then, continuing the whipping process, pour the syrup into the mass and do not turn off the mixer until the composition has cooled.
- Into the swollen gelatin, pour in the rum and heat the mixture until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Whip the cream until the first medium-high peaks appear, add mascarpone cheese, yolk-syrup mass and gelatin. Lightly beat everything and send the cream in the fridge for 15-25 minutes so that it cools down and freezes a little.
- Now form a cake, promazyvaya each layer of the dough cream. Top it with strawberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Option number 4
And this is not exactly the usual "Milfei" snack bar. To make it you need:
- 300 grams of puff pastry;
- 300 grams of broccoli;
- 300 grams of cheese;
- 150 grams of mayonnaise;
- 100 ml of cream.
- First of all, divide the puff pastry into several parts and bake it until the rouge is in the oven.
- Next, do the stuffing. Boil broccoli until ready, so that it becomes soft. Grind it in a blender with cheese.
- Beat the cream well.
- Combine cream with mayonnaise, then enter this composition in a mixture of broccoli and cheese.
- Form snack "Milfey", promazyvaya filling each layer of the finished dough. You can decorate such a dish with greens and any vegetables, for example, cherry tomatoes.
Surprise the households and guests with an amazing and unusual “Milfeem”!