Street Chic: September 2009
Our celebrity style-radars have been in overdrive for the last few weeks, with Fashion Week (both New York and London) and the Emmy Awards, among others. If you have been overwhelmed with all the stars stepping out in their most fashionable duds, it’s time to breathe a sigh of relief.
Today we’re heading back down to earth with some street-wise inspiration from some anonymous fashionistas. For September, we wanted our Street Chic picks to feature girls that are making the transition from summer to fall. Though all these girls allude to current trends in their outfits, they have all managed to adapt their outfits to give an overall sense of individuality, which is, in our opinion, the point of fashion.
Ready to get inspired for fall? September’s Street Chic is loaded up with comfortable and cozy picks, from draped cardigans to chunky knit scarves.
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT:
1. This girl has put together the perfect outfit for September, combining summer and fall essentials, from her skimpy tee dress to her oversized army jacket. Adding a pair of tights as the weather gets colder will move your outfit through the winter months. You can recreate this look by picking up this (6) by Maharishi and adding these (5) by Pelle Moda. To add the final touch, grab Topshop’s ().
2. Last week the New York runways were teeming with harem pants and this girl shows us why we’re in love with this trend. Perfect for a day out walking the streets of a big city, a pair of harem pants will leave you looking down to earth and totally effortless. Steal this look by pairing Free People’s Convertible Harem Pant () or Oak’s (5) with this Slouchy Ribbed Beanie () from Urban Outfitters. As this girl confirms, your look won’t be complete without a cotton scarf and this () from Cejon is ideal.
3. We always love a little bit of surfer-chic and this girl has that style down pat, from her blonde locks to her tie dyed top to her bright blue sunglasses. Make this look your own by pairing American Apparel’s () with these (5.30) by Paige and the (7) from Super Sunglasses. To move this look into fall, grab this Patterson J. ().
4. Our Street Chic picks wouldn’t be complete without a unique take on bohemian fashion. This girl mixes a lace tunic with knit tights and wedge heels. The overall effect lands somewhere between boho chic and dirty rocker. Snag the same effortless look by trying Mink Pink’s (8) or Popcorn’s (4). Add these Ankle Zip Leggings () by Silence & Noise and these (9.95) by Ash.
5. For the past few years, Doc Martens have been making a steady comeback and we love his this girl has combined the grunge staple with a stylish cape and a printed scarf. Ready to try this look? Eryn Brinie’s (5) is ideal paired with Tolani’s (). The look won’t be complete without a genuine pair of Docs so head over to Yoox to get their () in Purple.
6. While the other looks have all had a touch of color, this outfit is classic and dark, with the girl opting for a nearly all-black ensemble. Get this look by pairing this () from Arden B with Topshop’s () and a black jumpsuit. When you’re opting for all black, you’re giving yourself the perfect opportunity to accessorize. We like this (.80) from Forever21.
Video: EXPRESS AUGUST 2014: HOT CITY NIGHTS
How to Reuse Old School Supplies
How to Know if Antidepressants Are Working
How to Recognize Signs of Oral Cancer
How to plan make wedding planning stress-free
10 Sneaky Holiday Shopping Tricks
The Ugliest Trainers Of 2019
Safety of Parabens in Personal Lubricants
Jamie Dimon: Why JPMorgan, Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway are starting healthcare venture
Spiced Winter Fruit Compote Recipe
How to Be Happy on School Days
15-minute outdoor workout
Free Junior Clothing Catalogs
How to Recognize Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in Children