Sue’s Patient Rights, Responsibilities, and Opportunities
Sign Up for Our Healthy Living Newsletter
Thanks for signing up!
- You have the right to life as long as you realize it might not be quite as you planned.
- You have the opportunity to change what you can and accept that which you cannot change. Just remember the word impossible is a relative term.
- You have the responsibility to seek options, be they health care, marital status or parenthood. All three require early action rather than late.
- You have the responsibility to judge each situation you face with candor, good judgment, and valor.
- If you choose not to do the above, you have the right to screw things up. It is your life, after all.
- You have the responsibility to maintain your body even though it appears to not give a fig about you. Disloyal lot these physical shells.
- You have the responsibility to remember your brain and your heart are in charge and you can, in most cases, trust them both to dominate your physical body.
- In the event your life turns to crap, you have the responsibility to reason, educate yourself, and claw your way back to health andhappiness.
- You have the opportunity to lie down and get run over by your own life if that’s what you choose to do.
- If your health becomes a challenge, you have the right to become vexed, frustrated, and/or totally pissed. Put away the sharp objects, unload any and all guns, and remember suicide is against the law. You could go to jail for that.
- You have the responsibility to use your anger in a constructive fashion which eliminates the following: physical assault upon another person, especially a physician, grand larceny, and murder.
- You have the responsibility to remember the healthcare in most jails is not as good as private insurance. Say hello to Bubba and Tiny.
- You have the right to remember what Mama said about “Frying pan into the fire.” Think, think, think. Your brain still works, doesn’t it? Better watch the pain pills.
- You have the responsibility to see the flowers not the weeds and to daily say, “Thank you.”
- You have the right to behave badly, be insulting and rude to another and throw a temper tantrum as long as you realize you will be left alone in the room and probably your life. Try curbing the complaining and helping someone else, instead.
- You have the right in medical treatment to speak up, cover your nakedness and refuse any treatment that is not fully explained to you.
- If atreatmentor test hurts you, you have the right to scream, grab the tester in an appropriate place to share the pain or imitate Joan of Arc. It’s up to you. Just remember it went badly for Joan as it does for all martyrs.
- You have the right to lie down and rot away, become twisted like a pretzel or choose your own way of allowing Mother Nature to take her course. Just keep in mind Mother Nature can be a bitchy witch. She is in league with gravity and together, they will pull you down. I’m also certain Mother Nature is an agnostic.
- If you choose to stand up and fight, you have the responsibility as well as the opportunity to use all medical modalities known to man; just be sure it’s clean, safe and well-intended. This may eliminate Voodoo, witchcraft and mud baths in questionable places.
- You have the responsibility to remember life will end and it’s up to you to fight for the healthiest, happiest and most fulfilling life possible.
- It’s your responsibility to expect answers, reveal new talents you already possess and believe in the impossible.
- You have the opportunity to choose how you will approach the problems that come your way.
- You have a responsibility to smell your best, look your jauntiest, dress in cleanclothes, cut your toenails (even if you have to lie on your back to do it) and for goodness sakes, take a bath.
- You have a responsibility to keep faith with life. Contrary to what you may believe, goodness begets goodness, love begets love and the way we behave has consequences.
- You have the responsibility to flee from evil before you drown. You have the freedom of opportunity to believe in an all powerful God of love who is on your side and to remember to walk in the light of the angels.
Now, go out and grab life. “Zippity Doo Dah Zippity Ay. My oh my. What a wonderful day.”
Sue now has a — check it out and "like" her now!
Important:The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and not Everyday Health.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, advertisements, offers or other information or content expressed or made available through the Sites by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors and not Everyday Health. Neither Everyday Health, its Licensors nor any third-party content providers guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content. Furthermore, neither Everyday Health nor its Licensors endorse or are responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on any of the Sites or Services by anyone other than an authorized Everyday Health or Licensor representative while acting in his/her official capacity. You may be exposed through the Sites or Services to content that violates our policies, is sexually explicit or is otherwise offensive. You access the Sites and Services at your own risk. We take no responsibility for your exposure to third party content on the Sites or the Services. Everyday Health and its Licensors do not assume, and expressly disclaim, any obligation to obtain and include any information other than that provided to it by its third party sources. It should be understood that we do not advocate the use of any product or procedure described in the Sites or through the Services, nor are we responsible for misuse of a product or procedure due to typographical error.
Video: HR Basics: Employee Rights
Celebrities whove run the New York City Marathon
From Headbutting to Hospitalization: The 6 Most Punk Rock Moments From The MetGala
Why Sunglasses Are THE Ultimate Street Style Accessory
How to Build the Perfect Rope Swing
9 Times Celebrities Took the Plunge and Rocked a BuzzCut
20 Men Looks With A Denim Jacket To Wear This Spring
A Pool with an Avant-Garde Wall Waterfall in Surrey Hills by Serenity Pools
Apple-Cranberry Custard Tart
4 Reasons Youre Not Losing Weight
Chris Hemsworth sold his 6.5M Mansion for a lot of money
Breaking the Diabetes-Depression Cycle
What Life Is Really Like After Breast Cancer—Joan Lunden Gets Personal
Strawberry Lemon-Cream Trifles
Date: 03.12.2018, 00:33 / Views: 62262