What games are popular?
It is impossible to imagine modern pastime without computer games. Children and adults choose the most favorite genres. The popularity of games is shaped by various factors, ranging from the main thing - search queries, ending with references in the press, social media and sales of official copies.
What popular games are now included in the TOP - 10 Runet? If we consider by genre, then the most popular is and will be MMORPG, or a massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
- World of Tanks ranks first in terms of the number of searches in the world and in the Russian Internet. More than three million requests, and more than two hundred mentions in the press, and even more in social media. There is no doubt now what is the most popular online game. This game requires an analytical mind and the formation of its strategy. The excitement of such behavior in the game makes it so popular.
- The second place is occupied by Borderlands 2. According to the number of requests and references, it is inferior to World of Tanks, but is ahead of many other games.Alternative future and rich functionality of actions and maps also contribute to the popularity of gamers.
- In third place is World of Warcraft, the cult game of the whole world, which does not lose relevance. Developers fueled interest in the project, releasing a recent addition to WoW - The Old Republic. Although it shows what games popular all over the world still do not “reach out” to the Runet leaders, since most domestic gamers have different tastes.
- Then follow Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2 - the leader of online sales by the number of pre-orders for the game. Also often mentioned in the search engines and the media Crysis 3, the output of which are waiting for many fans of the genre.
- The world-famous games Halo 4 and Forza: Horizon are used by the Runet haunters far less popular due to the fact that the games are not designed for PCs, but go to the Xbox 360 console.
Characteristics of the popularity of the game
- The novelty of the idea attracts new players. But few studios are willing to take risks and run a project that may not pay off and cause losses. Therefore, developers usually follow the already well-known path of the franchise and launch just another series of already successful, time-tested and beloved gamers project.
- It is conservatism that discourages many players from already familiar games, and makes them look for more fresh ideas implemented by young game designers. So innovations, in one way or another, only increase the popularity of the project.
- But most studios go the way of combining both methods. A definite idea, it can be either a new kind of map or characterization of characters, or a modified game physics, gives novelty. This, in turn, attracts new gamers. And after that, only updated versions of this “hit” are released.
- But, of course, the popularity of a game depends on its target audience. If a certain project is already loved by fans, they will only play this game, look forward to the continuation of the series and not “complain” about the lack of new gameplay elements.
- Of course, the most popular MMO games now, because they are free. But, if we consider the rating of paid games, then the most popular genre are shooters. And what is the most popular game in this genre is Crysis and Call of Duty. Next in popularity are action games such as Assassins Creed, GTA.
- Despite the fact that such elements as crafting and freedom of choice of actions of a character define “playability”, many studios simply improve the quality of graphics.This reduces the risk of financial failure of the project, from the user's point of view, it makes the game more boring, namely, the entertainment and excitement of passing attract players.