What is anarchy?
Many people commenting on the unrest situation use the term anarchy. Also, we have repeatedly heard the slogan "anarchy is the mother of order." What events, in fact, truthfully characterizes this term and what is anarchy?
Anarchy is used to mean a situation in human society when there is no state power at all. This confirms the translation of the word from the Greek language "anarchy - anarchy." Historical examples of such societies may include primitive existence and pirate communities.
The corresponding political ideology, anarchism, was developed from this term. This philosophy is based on freedom and is designed to eliminate all types of exploitation and coercion of one person by another, that's what anarchism is. The ideal of an anarchic society or state is the elimination of all kinds of power. Creating a relationship based on mutual aid, mutual benefit, fraternity and personal interest.
In anarchism, there are many internal trends associated with different views on the form of ownership, the racial and national question, and commodity-economic relations. But despite this, the following basic principles of anarchism are distinguished:
- The absence of any form of power implies the impossibility of totalitarianism, uniformity, standardization in society.
- The absence of coercion of one person by another is the impossibility of using labor and the ability of a person against his will.
- The principle of the initiative “from below” implies the construction of the structure of society from the bottom up, when freely-united groups can influence the solution of social issues and at the same time their personal ones.
- Mutual assistance is actually a collaboration of a group of people united by a single goal and aimed at the same result.
- Diversity - the creation of the usefulness of life for each person, this principle contributes to the development of the situation with the lack of control over the individual.
- Equality - equal access to all the benefits that society has from material to humanitarian.
- Brotherhood - describes all people as equal.In this case, the requests of some can not be more valuable and meaningful requests of others.
Observance of all these principles and their unification into ideology explains what anarchism is.
The ideology of anarchism by the time of its origin dates back to 300 BC. and originated in ancient Greek and ancient Chinese cultures. Given its historical roots, in the modern world, Greek anarchist organizations are considered the strongest.