What is demotivator?
Among Internet content, it is increasingly possible to find ambiguous pictures in the black frames, called demotivators. What is demotivator? This is a poster that includes an image and a commentary to it. A demotivator causes a person to have certain emotions or philosophical reflections and makes them look at a specific question from a new angle. That originality and eccentricity explains their popularity.
How did the demotivators
Progenitors of demotivators can be considered as propaganda posters that are instructive and constructive. The first parodies of them were created in America with the aim of ridiculing the ideological treatment of the population, and the souvenir company Despair became the distributor of demotivational posters on the Internet. Today, anyone can create a demotivator.
All posters have a standard format and represent a black rectangle on which the obligatory elements are placed:
- framed image;
- short slogan written in large print;
- detailed interpretation, typed in smaller font.
Types of demotivators
Depending on the semantic content, demotivators can be divided into several types:
- Satirical - they make fun of certain social or political phenomena, sometimes in a fairly rigid form.
- Entertaining - serve to raise the mood.
- Philosophical - make them rethink their views on issues relating to love, happiness, money, morality, etc.
- Promotional - encourage you to purchase a product or order a service.