What is good injector?
As many know, the engine of any car is equipped with either a carburetor or a fuel injector. And I must say that the injectors have a lot of advantages over the carburetors, and besides, they are more progressive in the overwhelming number of parameters. Let's see what is good injector.
The advantages of the injector
In a typical carburetor, the fuel is mixed with air before it is fed into the engine, and this consumes approximately 10% of the power, because in order to mix gasoline with air, you need to take energy and this is what the engine power takes. If the carburetor gets too much fuel, it starts to choke and smoke, and if it gets too little, they say that the carburetor does not “pull”. And in the fuel injector is not sucked, and under high pressure is injected from the nozzle directly into the combustion chamber or into the intake manifold. The fuel is injected just as much as necessary - an electronic sensor monitors this. Therefore, increasing power and efficiency of the engine.Let's list the main advantages of the injector in comparison with the carburetor. So, that's what a good injector.
- Very accurate dosing of fuel, and hence its economical consumption, which is achieved by the injection system.
- Exhaust gases become less precise. This is achieved through the use of sensors parameters of exhaust gases, as well as the optimal fuel-air mixture.
- Approximately 7-10% increase in engine power. This happens due to the optimal geometric structure of the intake manifold, the optimum setting of the ignition timing, improved filling of the cylinders and, of course, the corresponding mode of operation of the engine.
- Improves vehicle dynamics. The injection system responds much faster to changes in load.
- Regardless of the weather, the engine starts easily. For example, the engine almost does not need warming up in a severe frost, it literally starts up with a half turn, which means that you can go almost immediately.
- High durability and reliability of the engine with an injector and some other advantages.
From all of the above, we can concludethat the injection systems of engines, which are used in most modern cars, have a number of advantages in comparison with carburetor systems, and you can list them for a very long time.