What is isolation?
The word "isolation" has several meanings, but they all revolve around separating / protecting one subject / species / person / social group from another. Let's see what isolation is in all the meanings of a given word.
Types of insulation:
- Isolation in genetics is the creation of such conditions, as a result of which species of one species cannot interbreed. This type of isolation is an evolutionary factor that contributes to speciation.
- Insulation in electrical engineering is a special piece of equipment through which no electric current flows. Insulation is used to protect people, as well as to avoid short circuits and equipment breakdowns.
- Waterproofing is a special system that protects a structure or building material from the effects of water or other liquids, and is used to improve wear resistance.
- Thermal insulation - structural elements, which reduce the process of heat transfer. Thermal insulation is mainly used in construction to reduce energy consumption for heating and air conditioning.
- Social exclusion is the separation of one person or social group from another individual or social group. Social isolation can be forced, for example, if a person is placed in a prison or a special hospital, or it can be voluntary, meaning that a person wants to avoid all contact with another person.