What pills "Levomitsetin"?
Nowadays, people are increasingly resorting to self-treatment. Some do not want to go to the hospital because they do not trust the doctor, others, because they are negligent about their health. Everyone has their own motives. People treat themselves almost all diseases. Starting from a simple cold, and ending with more serious diseases. Let's analyze in this article, from which the tablets chloramphenicol. In what cases and for what they are used.
Levomitsetin - an antibiotic, which is prescribed to treat a variety of infectious diseases. It acts on many gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, causative agents of purulent infections, typhoid fever, dysentery, chlamydia, spirochetes, rickettsia.
Levometsitin tablets: instructions
- Physicochemical characteristics. Levomycetin is a white pill.
- Composition. Levomitsetina in one pill-0,25, 0,5 grams.
- Auxiliary additives. Stearic acid, potato starch.
- Released. In the form of tablets and capsules.
- Pharmakalogichkaya group. Antibacterial agents.
- Pharmacological properties. Levomitsetin has the ability to inhibit the synthesis of proteins in the cell of a microorganism sensitive to this drug, and not to disturb the synthesis of nucleic acid. When used strictly in therapeutic doses, it acts as a bacteriostatic agent. After two or three hours, after taking it, the maximum concentration of the substance is reached in the blood. Now it is very widely used in infectious diseases, namely Levomycetin tablets, the use of which will be described below. It has the ability to penetrate into tissues, organs, cerebrospinal fluid. You should know that the drug is absorbed into breast milk. The output of chloramphenicol mainly with urine, feces and bile.
- Indications for use. The drug Levomycetinum is prescribed for paraphitis, typhoid fever, brucellosis, meningitis, rickettsiosis, persinosis, chlamydia, etc. Levomycetin can be prescribed in case of non-tolerability of other drugs.
- Method of application and dosage. Levomycetin tablets should be applied thirty minutes before meals, by mouth. Adults should take 500 grams three times a day.If you are worried about diarrhea, then usually, in such cases, you need to drink pills for diarrhea. Levomycetin belongs to this series. He removes upset stomach in the shortest possible time. Enough even a pair of pills. In cases where the disease is very difficult, the doctor can increase the daily dose to four grams and divide it into three, four doses. Children up to 3 years old use 10 mg / kg. From 3-8 to 150 or 200 grams, older than 8 to 200-300 grams. The daily dose is divided into three, four doses. The course of treatment with this drug should not exceed 10 days. If necessary, repeat the drug can be made after two weeks.
- Side effects. Thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, reticulocytopenia may occur. All these manifestations pass after the completion of the drug. Very rarely, aplastic anemia, psychomotor disorders, hallucinations, decreased vision or hearing, vomiting, nausea, skin rashes can occur. Levomitsetin can violate the intestinal microflora, and, thereby, create favorable conditions for the reproduction of fungal diseases (candidiasis).
- Contraindications. Levomycetin can not be prescribed during pregnancy, children up to three years, patients who suffer from psoriasis, fungal diseases or eczema.As well as with sore throat and other acute respiratory diseases.
- Interaction with other drugs. In no case, not to apply, together with sulfonamides, pyrazolone derivatives, barbiturates, butamide, difenine, neodikumarin.
- Storage conditions. Store at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees, in a place protected from direct sunlight.
- Vacation category. By prescription.
Attention! Before use, be sure to consult your doctor. The information above is for general guidance only.