Which linux to choose?
Software is the brain of your computer. It is no secret that the ability of a computer and the effectiveness of its work depend on it. Let's talk a little about systems from the Linux company. What to choose and what is best for you? So:
Which Linux to choose?
It is much easier to choose software when you know what exactly you need. What is your goal and what do you want from your computer? If you are new to using Linux software, then it’s best to choose a version called Ubuntu. This is one of the most popular versions of Linux.
The popularity of Ubuntu is confirmed by the choice of this software for a larger number of users. The system is based on unstable branch technology (Debian Sid). More modern packages, which also include the GNOME version, come with Ubuntu. The main advantages of the Linux Ubuntu version:
- A huge number of developers and users around the world.
- Fixed release schedules and support period.
- Ubuntu turns out to be user friendly software.There are a large number of additional graphical tools to customize the system.
The only disadvantage claimed by users is that unstable software versions are used in a stable general distribution.
Which Linux to choose for the server?
But what if we need a system that is able to work as stably and well as possible in order to use a computer as a server? Usually, FreeBSD software is used. It is best suited for using a computer as a server. The system comes from the UNIX version, which, by the way, was developed at the University of California, Berkeley. Software development and support is carried out by an impressive team of people. Main advantages of FreeBSD:
- The four benefits of FreeBSD are network support, speed, compatibility, and data protection. These parameters work fine already at the moment and in many ways surpass the same indicators of systems from commercial manufacturers.
- FreeBSD is probably the best solution for building your own server. The system easily handles the load.It is able to efficiently allocate memory between hundreds and thousands of user requests and processes.
- Indicative of the fact that the system is used as in amateur home servers, and on high-end expensive machines.
Here are the main versions of Linux that are recommended by various programmers around the world.