Which water filter is better?
It's no secret that the water that flows from the taps in our country can hardly be called clean and useful, especially in megalopolises. Therefore, more and more people buy and install filters for water purification. Which water filter is better? We offer you a list of modern water filters, as well as a brief description of each of them:
- Filters, nozzles on the crane. Such filters are attached to the tip of the faucet. Their effectiveness is low, as they only purify water from large impurities. Water with a nozzle flows more slowly, so for economic affairs it is better to draw water without a filter.
- Stationary filters. They are connected to the water supply system and placed under the sink. They require the installation of an additional small tap through which purified water flows in a small stream.
- Jug. One of the most popular filters. It consists of two parts: a container like a jug and the filter itself, which is inserted into it. Pour water into the filter from above, it passes through the cleaning cassette and already in the jar it gets purified.The cassettes are removable and need to be changed from time to time.
- Carbon filters - cheap and easy to use. The cleansing agent - activated carbon - removes dirt and kills some microorganisms. But these filters have a significant drawback - over time, the coal accumulates in itself bacteria and microorganisms that multiply well in this environment. Therefore, replaceable cassettes or fillers should be changed as often as possible. The term of use is 6-9 months. Some filters additionally use nano-silver, which provides antibacterial protection.
- Ion exchange filters for the most part soften water and remove harmful metal compounds.
- Oxidation filters purify water due to their redox processes.
- Reverse osmosis system filters are becoming increasingly popular, but the debate around them is hot. The essence of the operation of such filters is that very thin membranes retain almost all possible contaminants, and the water is very clean. When the reverse osmosis system operates two streams. The first is the water that the filter cleans.The second stream washes away all contaminants from the membrane surface and carries them back into the sewer system. Thus, we get the water, close in its qualities to distilled, and the filter purifies itself. These filters are very effective, but they are also more expensive. Disputes are underway regarding water quality. The fact is that in addition to harmful substances, these filters are deprived of water and beneficial. And this is fraught with health problems. This is one point of view. Her opponents believe that there is nothing terrible in this, since we can get useful substances that are deprived of water with food. However, it should be remembered that too purified water actively dissolves surrounding substances. For example, it may be substances from the air of housing (in particular, carbon dioxide). Such water can become harmful, and its taste can deteriorate.
- Ceramic filters. The basis of the cleansing elements - diatomaceous earth (rock, which consists of the remains of single-cell diatom algae). Some contain additional nano-silver. The validity of such a filter can be extended by periodically rinsing it under running water.
- Ultraviolet cleaners. The essence of the work is the irradiation of water with high frequencies of light through glass. In this way, all living organisms in the water are killed.
- Flow filters with KDF. Considered one of the best. Effectively purify water without depriving it of useful substances. Their work is based on electrochemical redox reactions that convert pollutants to harmless ones. Remove 98% of chlorine and heavy metals. The cleaning speed is high, able to process hot water. Economical and long-term.
Which water filter is better, you decide. It all depends on the degree and quality of contamination of the water that you use. In order to better understand which filter to buy, do a biochemical analysis of water. It is not cheap, but it’s better not to save on health. In addition, we recommend using not one, but two filters with a different principle of purification, and of course, strictly follow the instructions for their use.